When should the series have ended

When do you think the series should have ended

• Total voters
Although I would of been happy for a couple more series it was never going to happen,the BBC blamed the low viewing figures which if I recall was still over 5 million
These days Eastenders is down to around 1.3 million yet they still keep pumping it out several days a week.
What I would like to of seen is a proper farewell special of around 90 minutes, which ended with Hobbo being collect by a SAS helicopter, as it departs he shouts through an open door, maybe now you will believe me ;)

Although I would of been happy for a couple more series it was never going to happen,the BBC blamed the low viewing figures which if I recall was still over 5 million
These days Eastenders is down to around 1.3 million yet they still keep pumping it out several days a week.
What I would like to of seen is a proper farewell special of around 90 minutes, which ended with Hobbo being collect by a SAS helicopter, as it departs he shout through an open door, maybe now you will believe me ;)
And at the very end after Clegg has said "Did I look the door" the camera zooms back to the hotel and Terry (the No1 extra) showing his thumbs up to indicate the affirmative :D

As you may know I am a huge Dwarfer and when the BBC effectively dropped it I couldn't have been more ecstatic when Dave picked it it up and they regrouped to make further episodes . The day arrived to show Back to Earth I couldn't have been more excited especially as they'd announced they'd produce more .

Sadly whilst there were sparks of the original none where really a patch on the originals . I have of course watched them a few times but nowhere near that of the originals.

In comparison who is to say that UKTV couldn't have picked up LOTSW, it was in their grasp , they haven't but still could, but hopefully not because it would never be the same . I think it ended when it should have for all the reasons people have said , too many of the cast had gone , the sad sad deaths and ill health of the cast would have curtailed any work on a new series or if it went ahead the lifeblood that was the show would have surely disappeared.

It totally could have continued! I had ideas for how it could have continued but my brain lost them as soon as I tapped the reply button! Lol College student brain. Can't hold onto a thought that isn't about what I'm studying at the moment! Lol

As you may know I am a huge Dwarfer and when the BBC effectively dropped it I couldn't have been more ecstatic when Dave picked it it up and they regrouped to make further episodes . The day arrived to show Back to Earth I couldn't have been more excited especially as they'd announced they'd produce more .

Sadly whilst there were sparks of the original none where really a patch on the originals . I have of course watched them a few times but nowhere near that of the originals.

In comparison who is to say that UKTV couldn't have picked up LOTSW, it was in their grasp , they haven't but still could, but hopefully not because it would never be the same . I think it ended when it should have for all the reasons people have said , too many of the cast had gone , the sad sad deaths and ill health of the cast would have curtailed any work on a new series or if it went ahead the lifeblood that was the show would have surely disappeared.
Captain UKTV = 100% BBC, so that was not going to happen

I was aware but they remade Dwarf[ possibly others my grey matter can't recall] so I assumed all BBC shows might have been possible targets . On reflection perhaps I've done a Billy Hardcastle and I am way off target :)

And at the very end after Clegg has said "Did I look the door" the camera zooms back to the hotel and Terry (the No1 extra) showing his thumbs up to indicate the affirmative :D
I didn't know that & can't find it on my dvd, maybe it's not a full episode on all discs. Could someone upload a still of that frame on here please. Thanks in advance.

This talk of rebooting the show has me wondering about maybe using the cast of "First of the Summer Wine." They would be older now but still young enough for the time period of before "Last of the Summer Wine" started. Maybe drop us in a decade or so before...

I didn't know that & can't find it on my dvd, maybe it's not a full episode on all discs. Could someone upload a still of that frame on here please. Thanks in advance.
I maybe wrong, but I vaguely recall Terry saying he was in that episode.

Great idea RickAns, but Roy has retired & I doubt anyone else could come close to his level of script writing to do it justice.

Back