TOYS

Two toys I remember from my childhood ;
Etch-a-Sketch and a 7 in 1 weapon called Johnny 7.

Oh yeah i remember etch a sketch i have heard about Johnny 7 i think it was before my time i read about it in a book about toys by Steve Berry.

We had a fair few of the kids toys in the loft gathering dust . Guess what happened when we sent them to charity?? Daaaad wheres my such and such??? ::) ::)

Coming from a big family,toys tended to only last a few weeks so I used to love the few days before we broke up for school holidays and we were allowed to take toys to school .That way I got to play with toys we wouldn't normally be able to afford

Some of the board games that i had see if you had any of these

Monopoly
Operation
Brit quiz 1 and 2
Snakes and ladders
Dare
Game of life
A footbal game called team tactix?

I was looking for an old favourite of ours 'Hotel'. It seems that everyone else wanted it. The bids were going sky high. It was as cheap to buy the new version.

I had a game called upwords and guess who but no idea what happened to most of these.Some i think went to charity shops.

I also had various computers and games consoles when i was younger did anyone ever own vic 20 computer this was a very early one with basic grapics then we had a Sinclair spectrum 48k which i thought at the time was the best thing since sliced bread,Seem to recall having a Atari at some point ,After the spectrum i moved on to a sega megadrive and then a super nintendo now i have a Nintendo wii console that my nephews love playing on.Did anyone own any of these or a Acorn Electron, Commerdore 64,Dragon 32 if so what were they like : :)

Oh dear, I had a Commodore 64 ages ago when I was a child, there were two games which I had on datasettes or whatever you may call them, on tapes that actually looked like normal audio tape cassettes. One was called Gianna sisters and the other one Scumball. I loved the first one most.

I also had various computers and games consoles when i was younger did anyone ever own vic 20 computer this was a very early one with basic grapics then we had a Sinclair spectrum 48k which i thought at the time was the best thing since sliced bread,Seem to recall having a Atari at some point ,After the spectrum i moved on to a sega megadrive and then a super nintendo now i have a Nintendo wii console that my nephews love playing on.Did anyone own any of these or a Acorn Electron, Commerdore 64,Dragon 32 if so what were they like : :)
I had a Vic20 mate. My first ever Computer. Xmas 1983 I think it was. Had a few games like Jelly Monsters and the Scott Adams adventure games like The Count and Mission Impossible. And Sargon Chess.

I had a Vic20 mate. My first ever Computer. Xmas 1983 I think it was. Had a few games like Jelly Monsters and the Scott Adams adventure games like The Count and Mission Impossible. And Sargon Chess.

The only game i seem to recall for vic 20 was somthing called Frogger?

The only game i seem to recall for vic 20 was somthing called Frogger?

Yeah. I had that, it was a cassette game.

My favourite Zx Spectrum game i think was Match Day 2 or Jet Set Willy.Megadrive Game Sonic
Playstation.Destruction Derby
Nintendo Wii..Fifa 12 or Tiger Woods Golf
I have quite a few games mostly played by my nephews

Spinning tops and Yo yos :).Seemed to recall having at least one of these when I was younger.Some more I have thought of lately

Brit quiz
Action Jack
The A team Helicopter
Computer Battleships
Frisbee

What were some of our newer members who missed this thread first time round favourite toys when they were young.

Spinning tops and Yo yos :).Seemed to recall having at least one of these when I was younger.Some more I have thought of lately

Brit quiz
Action Jack
The A team Helicopter
Computer Battleships
Frisbee

What were some of our newer members who missed this thread first time round favourite toys when they were young.

I recall Meccano and airfix kits in my day

Back