Things that irritate you

amos hames

Dedicated Member
It would be fun to find out what things irritate you the most. One of mine is DJs trying to sing at the end of songs and also anything with Graham Norton on it. What things irritate you. :)

Graham Norton full stop. Add to that, how I seem to have become invisible when walking on the pavement and into and out of shops.Grey hair and a walking stick seem to count for nothing these days >:(

Oh dear this could take a while..
People that don't indicate
people that throw litter in the street
People that say " Its ok the dog won't bite" has its straining at the lead whilst barking at you.
My husband when he thinks he's right and he really isn't
Graeme Norton, Jeremy Clarkson and whistling
So called comedians and "song" writer that poke fun at the disabled
Any thing pink ans white.
Chewy

I think that will do for now! ;D

People who don't do things when they say they will.

Being invisible whilst waiting to get served at a bar.

Lazy, bad workmanship.

Volume of tv for adverts being higher than the programmes.

Julie Walters.

Mobile phones at the dinner table.

People saying 'like' all the time.

Adhesive that doesn't stick.

Mumbling.

Shouting.

Rudeness.

Flimsy furniture.

Rubbish modern tv programmes.

Energy saving light bulbs.

Anything else that saves energy.

Sales people who haven't a clue what they're talking about.

Audio tape that gets chewed up.

Wood that goes rotten even though you try to look after it.

Peole pronouncing H wrongly.

Modern slang.

DVD discs not letting you fast foward all that copyright stuff.

Limescale.

Chewing gum on the ground.

You order a drink without ice and they ask if you want ice with that.

Bar staff who remove your pint glass which has about half an inch left.

Millimetres used when centimetres would do.

Insulation and low energy bulbs being the answer for everything.

Sealed units you can't repair.

Over priced train fares.

People who don't wash.

Elastic bands left by the postman.

Self service checkouts that reckon there is an unexpected item in the bagging area.

Vast quabtities of self service checkouts all talking and beeping at once.

Going in a place that's listening to two different radio stations.

Kids on aeroplanes.

People kicking the back of your seat.

Pub bores.

Computer doing crazy things.

Dogs going for your groin.

Dogs trying to attack you and the owner saying 'He's such a sweet young thing really'.

Documentaries wasting time going on about what's coming up, and what we've already seen.

Machines.

Noisy neighbours.

Nosy neighbours.

Neighbours broken fence.

Peeling paintwork.

You forgot the one WSTOL about people who take their kids into pubs/restaurants then let them run riot round the other diners! >:(

Squeaky camp beds.

Anything fixed to the surface that's crooked.

Crime being glamourised.

Can't get the DVD out of the box.

Difficulty buying normal pencils.

Phone batteries.

Being told what to think.

Home helps who won't do the slightest thing out of their specification.

Cable tv wiring slung over the outside of houses.

Mould.

why am I expecting my name to crop up in this topic about me knowing too much about the show ;)

why am I expecting my name to crop up in this topic about me knowing too much about the show ;)

We've all listed it but blocked you from seeing it :D ;D ;D

( Only joking ;))

Having read everyone else's list mine could get longer and longer :D

Public notices fixed to lamp posts with sellotape or cable ties, then no one removes them.

The long excess end of a cable tie in service.

Having to put a pound coin into the supermarket trolley.

Bad parking.

Carrier bags you can't open.

Being frowned upon using free (or 5p) plastic carrier bags, even though there was a time when carrier bags were commonly used.

Mayonnaise in any sandwich you buy.

People buying abstract art then pretending they like it.

People joining you at a pub table, then plonking down their keys, wallet, mobile phone, etc.

Women who make themselves ridiculously thin.

One that doesnt seem to have been mentioned is the increase in self service checkouts of every kind.Asda have apparently got one on trial where you put the goods on a conveyor , it scans them and all you do is pack and pay! ??? >:(

One that doesnt seem to have been mentioned is the increase in self service checkouts of every kind.Asda have apparently got one on trial where you put the goods on a conveyor , it scans them and all you do is pack and pay! ??? >:(

Look closely, Dick.
Already in my short list.

Do you think these self service checkouts are here to stay, or will they go back to using staff?

Look closely, Dick.
Already in my short list.

Do you think these self service checkouts are here to stay, or will they go back to using staff?

I think thats going to depend on if there cheaper to run that staff, my dad just had his meters changed for smart meters so one has to come a read them any more, how many jobs have been lost there I wonder?

Sorry off topic again

My List continues
People that go off topic :D
My ankle
Squeaky wheels

I would not mind that if it worked. It really gets me just how prone to malfunction they are and the stupid voice message at the end saying, "Thank you for using the fast lane" when it is anything but. I was appalled at our local ASDA the other evening when, with a roughly £80 trolley I was told there were no manned checkouts after 22:30. Had I not spent a fair amount of time loading the trolley and some of the stuff was needed I would have just dumped trolley and told staff what I was doing.

Mobile phones at the dinner table.

Mobile phones, period, or to be more specific, mobile phone users. Use when driving is rightly illegal. But it should also be illegal to walk when using one. Buffoons on the move might have their eyes open but they are patently totally blind!

And they encourage appalling English!

Back