Things that irritate you

Modern traffic lights.

You're in your car, you see the red light, you stop at the white line.

Then you find out the traffic light is so badly positioned, you can't see the traffic lights anymore, and you're searching for them.

(Then a cyclist goes by, still on red.)

-

You're the pedestrian. You press button, but now newer lights have the box with the red and green men on the post near the button, not across the road up high opposite to where you are waiting at the kerb. How can you see this properly if there's a crowd? Why change it?

Tattoos.

People have tattoos, sometimes in unlikely places, and all winter they have to go about the place half naked in order to display them.

Why can't the packaging on a french stick of bread from the supermarket cover the loaf? The end of the bread pokes out, and even falls out, usually ending up on the floor.

Recycling.

This will get it's own topic, in more detail, but what was wrong with the paper carrier bags?

When your "whatever" breaks down, you're in desperate need of help and assistance, you 'phone that help-desk......

and can't understand a bl**dy word they say!

Watching a lovely movie such as Sound of Music on TV and every last commercial starts with really jarring audio and visual effects.

Modern Jargon :-

"Have you got a window" Yes one in each room
" Can we touch base" Hmm if you practised Tai Chi you would not say that

Watching a lovely movie such as Sound of Music on TV and every last commercial starts with really jarring audio and visual effects.
Absolutely! I love old movies too and I hated being startled every 15 minutes. I tape them and now I am in control.
:-*
One thing I love about BBC television is the absence of commercials. Do you also notice that some commercials are obviously louder. It makes me very irritated.
>:(

You have a dungeon, Barmpot?

Well some might call it a cellar but it is down another flight of stairs (stone) and one of the rooms has no external window. But there are three rooms there (one was the coal cellar, one a keeping cellar and one a more general storage area).

However as it is known as Barmpot Towers - the idea of a dungeon follows - well in my thinking any way!

Like your way of thinking Barmpot.
We either called it a cellar or a basement. In florida very few cellars due to the water table being so close to the surface.

I think that a basement is a room or rooms that can be converted into a living area (rec room, bedroom, etc.) A cellar is a room that has a really low ceiling often with ductwork and pipes, jammed with a furnace, water heater, and cannot be converted to living space.

Well my dungeon can be stood up in and one of the rooms does have a window. One room has pipe work but that is just laziness as it is easier.

As partly below damp course level, would not wish to 'live' there but have spent the best part of a day quite often there making things. it has carpet, seats and heat!

So a dungeon, some have called it a 'play room'!!! :eek: ;D ;)

The few times a year that I do go to a fast food place I like to sit near a window and ususally the view is ruined because large advertisements pasted on the window.

Dog owners who just let the dog run all over the place and across football pitches when there is a game on. Keep the thing on a lead.

Fast food outlets and many shops that blast out music, I think it is often what the young staff want to listen to without any thought to anyone above 25 years who just find it a unwanted noise

Fast food outlets and many shops that blast out music, I think it is often what the young staff want to listen to without any thought to anyone above 25 years who just find it a unwanted noise
Yes Terry. Food outlets are the worst offender of this.

Yes Terry. Food outlets are the worst offender of this.

Reminds me, I do intend to contact one of our local ASDAs to complain about level of music but keep forgetting. And level in our local shopping mall is ridiculously high.

I just forget hearing aids and it does not sound too bad - that is OK as long as I do not have to ask where a certain commodity is though!

Hmm there are always those who find amusement in trying to shock and provoke, the same sex couples I know and have known would not dream of behaving in such a way, it would seem they are very immature individuals who think it is funny to embarrass. I think ignoring them is the best way to handle the situation, hopefully they will eventually grow up !!

Thanks for your reply Norm, my daughter saw my post and "suggested " I remove it in case anyone thought I was "phobic" :p :-\

Thanks for your reply Norm, my daughter saw my post and "suggested " I remove it in case anyone thought I was "phobic" :p :-\

Good for you. It is a sad fact of modern life that even the smallest hint of questioning of anything to do with any minority is viewed as "phobic" in whatever the area of concern. It is even sadder that the so-called liberals now consider that everyone must comply with their thinking and opinions. there is no room now for rationale consideration of issues. Liberalism has become rigidity.

Dick, I missed your post! Have you been naughty again? ;)

If the thought police want to rout round in my head they will need a strong stomach and a hard hat.

Back