Things that are Overrated

Oh no Amos, I was going to get a Blackberry ?!?!

Hey it does not mean you would have problems it could be just her phone.I am also looking to upgrade and am looking at a Samsung Galaxy but the price of these phones put me off.

I have had a Galaxy S2 for a almost a year and it has worked fine,though like many of this type of device it is battery hungry, on average a days use and it is flat,I do know folk who have blackberry's who suffered e-mail problems a couple of times this year,once for several days,it was not the phone but the blackberry network. This time I decided to buy the mobile (S2) I then used the talkmobile sim at £7.50 a month with no contract,this gives me 200 mins talk, 500 text & 500 meg data, I know some folk use much more than this every month,I rarely get anywhere near it,but I am not tied to any contracts,and a lot of them seem to be heading for 24 months these days,which is a long time for tech devices. I found talkmobile customer services to be good as opposed to talk talk internet, it runs on the vodafone network,so good coverage where I am and I have not been stuck for service coverage when I have been out and about, they do other plans if you need more or less usage see here http://www.talkmobile.co.uk/simple.html

No I do not work or have shares in this company,I am just telling it as it is, it works, it is cheap compared to some network plans, there is no contracts and you can change your phone when you feel like it,sell your old one and recover some of the cost

Its not really the network or the phone per say its the touch screen that annoys me more than anything, I have rheumatoid arthritis, I have good days and bad ones and when its a bad day I find that the screen can be to sensitive and I end up sending nonsensical texts, which amuses my family and friends but irritates me no end :-X

When I had a push button phone I didn't have that trouble so I thought I'd go back to one but I don't want a down grade in technology so thought a Blackberry was the way to go.

Thank you for the info about Talkmoble I'll check that out, it sounds good to me.

I also have an SIII, just got rid of the SII and I love it. Apple are massively over rated and priced IMO.

I might get the S111 if the price drops next year, the thing I hate about Apple is I-tunes,talk about bloat-ware and making a program hard to use,they take the biscuit,plus endless updates,which tells me they cannot get it right

Its not really the network or the phone per say its the touch screen that annoys me more than anything, I have rheumatoid arthritis, I have good days and bad ones and when its a bad day I find that the screen can be to sensitive and I end up sending nonsensical texts, which amuses my family and friends but irritates me no end :-X

When I had a push button phone I didn't have that trouble so I thought I'd go back to one but I don't want a down grade in technology so thought a Blackberry was the way to go.

Thank you for the info about Talkmoble I'll check that out, it sounds good to me.

Ah I see the problem Susan, though I do know the Android phones have voice input,I have never tried it other than Google search,so I am not sure if you can just speak your text messages then hit send,it looks like there is a app to do it https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sonalight&hl=en

I think, reading all this talk of mobiles, that part of me would like to go back to a series 200 telephone in black bakelite, with the really heavy handset and the bit on the top you could jiggle up and down to get the operator! Used to have one in my flat in Leeds in the 1980s - could not get the operator though!

Ah I see the problem Susan, though I do know the Android phones have voice input,I have never tried it other than Google search,so I am not sure if you can just speak your text messages then hit send,it looks like there is a app to do it https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sonalight&hl=en

Yes it does have voice input which is very funny, my daughters name is Zoe and every time I say Zoe it inputs either Gary or Dallas ??? ;D

There are so many things that are over rated or over hyped in this Country or even the world.Who or what do you think is or are overrated.

For me.
Gavin and Stacey(not funny at all)
Adele
Dyson vacum cleaners(give me a Henry hoover anyday)
Most footballers(apart from leeds united.lol).

Your comments please :)
I would have to say the Adele is one of my very favorite singers.She has just the most incredible voice I have ever heard. At her shows she does not go in for over the top stage productions,just her and that incredible voice. Despite her talent she is also a very unassuming and modest girl,a breath of fresh air among a lot of other pretentious, mildly talented performers around at the moment.

See, this is a discussion that could live a long, long life. ::)

For me:

Smart phones
"Downton Abby"
organic food
Facebook (or most so-called "social networking sites")
French lifestyle (nothing against them, just the way many people gush about it.)

and that's what comes to me quickly.

Back