The Swan Man of Ilkley

The bench you can see in the distance has always been on the show,Foggy Compo and Clegg have sat on it many times,its also there where they dug the Glory Hole,next to the bench are memorials and flowers to fans of the show,it's on Scar Hole Lane (again) at New Mill and the episode is Sinclair and the Wormley Witches
Low%20sun%20018_zpsprg7pgzy.jpg
Low%20sun%20034_zpszohbykxn.jpg

I'd got it into my head that it was a Church,I don't know why,this is all you saw of the scene,and all the time it was just the entrance to a big private house on Station Road at Marsden and I must have walked past it a hundred times

I haven't walked past it anywhere near a hundred times, but I know I have done at least four times and I didn't recognize it either.

And I still would have continued to walk past it Marianna but for me having that photo of Eli as a Vampire stood there,so I was specifically looking for it,I don't think it was in the show any other time.

And I still would have continued to walk past it Marianna but for me having that photo of Eli as a Vampire stood there,so I was specifically looking for it,I don't think it was in the show any other time.

When I walked past it in late September, I even stopped to admire the property! Perhaps I might have had a better chance of recognizing the gateway if I had gained some perspective by standing on the other side of the street. I've always passed very close to it because there's no pavement on the other side.

I have about eight more then and now photos to add to this site but I can't do it,
When I put my photos on here I have to put them on via photobucket,
I know from past experience that if I delete a photo from photobucket,it deletes it from anywhere else I'v put it,
I'v noticed tonight that some of my photos have disappeared from this thread,
most recently the rockface one that I put up tonight,
When I went to photobucket to check,it says on every single image that it has been deleted or moved,
but I'v not done anything,also,more images have gone from this thread,
So I can't replace any,or add new as I'v lost every one of them,I don't know if this is temporary or permanent,
It's never happened before,unless I'v deleted them,
So if any more,or all,my photos get deleted,I just want you to know I'v not done it,
and also,can't add any new as they've all gone :-(

Thank goodness,they're back,I hope they don't get deleted again,here is Cooper and Walsh enjoying a kebab on Hollin House Lane at New Mill,from the episode Some Adventures of the Inventor of the Mother Stitch
Low%20sun%20001_zpsyw8frmh9.jpg
Low%20sun%20029_zpsfinv7h3u.jpg

Thank goodness,they're back,I hope they don't get deleted again ...

Sigh of relief on your behalf. I could feel your heart dropping all the way to your shoes. I hope you have well-backed-up copies elsewhere than on PhotoBucket.

Only on the My Pictures in my PC Marianna,they all appear to have come back,while they were gone I looked on a forum and apparently it happened before with Photobucket when a server was down and that time they were all restored,I'm like Cleggy and Dick though with these things x

I love this still,its from The Second Stag Night of Doggy Wilkinson and was filmed on Chapel Bank at Jackson Bridge,it doesn't look as nice now,and being autumn doesn't help,but its the same spot
Low%20sun%20012_zpsnrx9w86k.jpg
Low%20sun%20047_zpseffz9ph8.jpg

Later on in the same episode,and they've moved the bench,which they just put there for filming,fifty yards further along Chapel Bank at Jackson Bridge,the White Horse is just below them
Low%20sun%20010_zpsogcrsmur.jpg
Low%20sun%20048_zpsmflnufsy.jpg

It would have been a nice gesture if, when they finished the show, if they donated the benches to the area and arranged to locate them permanently in some of the many picturesque locations around where they filmed , so people could enjoy the same views in comfort as many of the cast did during recording.

Only on the My Pictures in my PC Marianna,they all appear to have come back,while they were gone I looked on a forum and apparently it happened before with Photobucket when a server was down and that time they were all restored,I'm like Cleggy and Dick though with these things x

Since they're retrievable via My Pictures, they must be stored as files on your hard drive. If the hard drive is backed up regularly either to DVDs stored off-site or to the "cloud" via a service such as Carbonite, they're safe from total disaster. I've heard people say that if there were a house fire, after all the people were out the one thing they would save would be their photos, as nearly everything else can be replaced. That just as true for photos in electronic form.

Pete , the ones I thought had gone are somewhere on my computer , I just had one come up as wallpaper!! ??? ???
The wallpaper is set to change every 5 minutes.:30:

Pete , the ones I thought had gone are somewhere on my computer , I just had one come up as wallpaper!! ??? ???

Changing the wallpaper every 5 minutes is a quaint English Custom usually instituted by the Edie Pegdens or Nora Battys of this world , and it's the involuntary ,downtrodden Wesleys and Wallys of this world who have to undertake the task :me:

Changing the wallpaper every 5 minutes is a quaint English Custom usually instituted by the Edie Pegdens or Nora Battys of this world , and it's the involuntary ,downtrodden Wesleys and Wallys of this world who have to undertake the task :me:

Ivy always said that Wally was hardly big enough to paint skirting boards!:wink:

Mind you we must have had a relative of Edie's near us when we first married. She changed the whole living room , carpets ,furniture and paint and wallpaper every 4 to 6 months.:14::42:

It would have been a nice gesture if, when they finished the show, if they donated the benches to the area and arranged to locate them permanently in some of the many picturesque locations around where they filmed , so people could enjoy the same views in comfort as many of the cast did during recording.
What a lovely idea,they could have half a dozen scattered around with a little plaque or carving dedicating the bench to the show,I only know of two benches that are really there,that they use,the one on Butterley Lane and the one on Scar Hole Lane,all the rest are put there by the show,in the later years always the same faded grey one,it would have great to fix them there,I bet they just never thought of it.

All this stuff is a mystery to me dick,when I first started to put photos up here,I am ashamed to say I had to ask my son how to copy and paste them from photobucket to this forum,that's how bad I am.

Here is Marina and Miss Davenport cycling along Intake Lane at New Mill,from the episode The Mischievous Tinkle in Howards Eyes,if they turn to their immediate left its the hill and path every single one of us will know so well,and at the end of that is Scar Hole Lane,which features in most of this batch of photos,and a very short 2 minute walk from there and you're on top of the hills,most of the photos were taken in a small area that can be walked in half an hour or so,and it's just 3.3 miles from the centre of Holmfirth
Low%20sun%20006_zpscqpacb7z.jpg
Low%20sun%20038_zpssjsy7wma.jpg

Back