Men present when babies are born??

Marina........ If that's natural child birth they can keep it.............. ;D ;D :respect: :respect:

Its a bit of fun when all is said and done. He put his two-pennorth into the "debate :-\" and its in a section for non Summer Wine . ???

I sure wish he would speak up for himself - but I am sure his original comment was not on this thread.

I forget most of the dialogue but didn't they talk babies in "Pate and Chips" Ivy seemed regretful that her and Sid had not had children. :(

Its a bit of fun when all is said and done. He put his two-pennorth into the "debate :-\" and its in a section for non Summer Wine . ???

I sure wish he would speak up for himself - but I am sure his original comment was not on this thread.
His comment was in the New Forum thread but he joined into this discussion . :-\

His comment was in the New Forum thread but he joined into this discussion . :-\

Quite right - now I am in my usual state of total confusion. ??? ??? ::) ::) :-[ :-[ :-\ :-\ :yawn: :yawn:

Quite right - now I am in my usual state of total confusion. ??? ??? ::) ::) :-[ :-[ :-\ :-\ :yawn: :yawn:

Welcome to the dazed and confused club Big Unc....... You'll love it here we have cake ;)

you guys had a really good discussion on the topic. It made for some good reading ;). I always seem to miss the conversations. >:(

Now, why did I think of this thread when watching just now on the television the female praying mantis eating the male with whom she had just mated. Started with his head. :me: :me:

Now, why did I think of this thread when watching just now on the television the female praying mantis eating the male with whom she had just mated. Started with his head. :me: :me:
lol Well, I am now curious what your wife did to you during her labor. ;D

And although intent on being there for our son's birth (it was not acceptable in the earlier times of his older sisters' births) I got chucked out - a regular happening in my life.

And although intent on being there for our son's birth (it was not acceptable in the earlier times of his older sisters' births) I got chucked out - a regular happening in my life.
You'd only have been in the way Big Unc ;) (that's what they told me , just go and make yourself useful ,put the kettle on!)

I was by my wife's side both times but I wouldn't have dared look too close. I think I was verbally coaching and motivating her (althought I may have just been annoying her)!

oh yes definitely, bite the males head off is a good starting point.
Women are very base in the middle of childbirth. when a woman screams she wants to punch something, the man should offer his face within punching range, with all good grace and then just say 'thank you dear'

It's the only time we girlies can really get away with it

Mine was present when I had 2 of ours. (MIA working then the first one arrived.). I remember sitting on the stairs with my dad when my brother was born, times have changed a lot.

I was there when my grandkids were born its an amazing thing.

It is cool to be there, I was there for both of ours and the midwife let me help. I used to help the vet (due to my skinny arms at the time, and I think he wanted to stay clean) when we were on the farm. Sometimes the heifer would start to get too exhausted, the calf would start losing oxygen, and I would have to reach in and help her. We would wear full fishing waders, he-he. Both were experiences I'll never forget. :)
On our first child I made the mistake of saying "this is just like birthing cattle". Oops, we laugh about it now.That was one of those moments where the excitement took over and the brain didn't think before speaking. :p
The midwife about died laughing when I said it. She was from Germany and spoke broken English, she was very nice and supportive, we requested her on our second child as well.
It was cool for me, but I wasn't going through all the pain.

Between The Incredible Dr. Pol (a Michigan vet who hails from the Netherlands) and All Creatures Great and Small, I have spent a lot of time watching calves being born and/or cow rectal exams. Very interesting. But I'm quite sure that you never attach birthing chains to a baby in utero.

Between The Incredible Dr. Pol (a Michigan vet who hails from the Netherlands) and All Creatures Great and Small, I have spent a lot of time watching calves being born and/or cow rectal exams. Very interesting. But I'm quite sure that you never attach birthing chains to a baby in utero.
That is true!! Don't think that would have been approved by the wife or the hospital :D

Back