Men present when babies are born??

why has reading the posts from the last couple of hours put me off my tea ;) :D

Woman's talk Darren ;)
It's designed to put you off your tea! It's your punishment for being male. ;D
Be nice or we'll go into detail about things no man wants us to go into detail about! And will put you off your breakfast too!! :p

Woman's talk Darren ;)
Be nice or we'll go into detail about things no man wants us to go into detail about! And will put you off your breakfast too!! :p

I guessed it was women's talk susan. I guess I will have to be nice to you (like I always am) don't want much more detail cause despite me not being a big breakfast eater, I might struggle with my steak and chips tonight after what you've said, thanks for that ;) :D

I guessed it was women's talk susan. I guess I will have to be nice to you (like I always am) don't want much more detail cause despite me not being a big breakfast eater, I might struggle with my steak and chips tonight after what you've said, thanks for that ;) :D
;D ;D

Woman's talk Darren ;)

Steak Beth!! What does that remind you of? :p

Woman's talk Darren ;)

Steak Beth!! What does that remind you of? :p
??? That I am hungry?

I know there were a lot of woman here who wanted to go natural because it was healthier for the baby.

Our second two were "Natural" mostly because we lived in Woodstock
(yes, New York same time as the festival) and were surrounded by
really nice, really neat, kinda strange young women who gave us
all sorts of help and advice. Both times, Natural was the way to go!
Worked a treat.

There's a lot to be said for natural but I'm guessing there's a lot to be said for being totally zonked out on meds. ;D

My eldest daughter had her two youngest at home which was great she back on her feet and recovered much quicker than being stuck in hospital. When Daisy was born she's been expecting some new furniture to arrive that day so my husband had to stand out side and divert it, she lived opposite a factory and with it being a hot day we had the windows open, he had to stand outside and reassure everyone she wasn't being murdered and the midwife was in there. ;D

I always said if I had a 4th and I'll go for stoned. ;)

Just tripped another memory, Lesley must have really got the " nesting " instinct for our first . She moved the whole bedroom , wardrobes and all, around during the day and gave birth close to midnight :eek: ;) ;)

You speak of being zonked on meds Pearl, Lesley's midwife (old fashioned as they come) refused her more gas and air because" we need you to be able to help us and push on cue! ::) ::)

Just tripped another memory, Lesley must have really got the " nesting " instinct for our first . She moved the whole bedroom , wardrobes and all, around during the day and gave birth close to midnight :eek: ;) ;)

I think we've all done that, nesting ;D

I dusted the whole house before both girls came. Strange isn't it? :)

I think I am beginning to understand what somebody meant recently when he complained (I think it was a he) about the paucity of real posts.
WHAT does he want from a "real" post UNC.........Einstein??? ???

I asked him but to date I have had no reply. But I suspect he does not think in-depth analysis of midwifery experiences counts as 'real posts'. I am trying to recall when there were any references to child birth in LOTSW.

And, yes, I do recognise that I am sticking my vulnerable head way above the parapet but then, we direct descendants of Robin Hood, we thrive on danger. :me: :me: :me: :me: :me: :me: :me:

I dusted the whole house before both girls came. Strange isn't it? :)

I think I am beginning to understand what somebody meant recently when he complained (I think it was a he) about the paucity of real posts.
WHAT does he want from a "real" post UNC.........Einstein??? ???

I asked him but to date I have had no reply. But I suspect he does not think in-depth analysis of midwifery experiences counts as 'real posts'. I am trying to recall when there were any references to child birth in LOTSW.

And, yes, I do recognise that I am sticking my vulnerable head way above the parapet but then, we direct descendants of Robin Hood, we thrive on danger. :me: :me: :me: :me: :me: :me: :me:

Good for you Big Unc you stick your head up ;D ;D ;D ;D

Its a bit of fun when all is said and done. He put his two-pennorth into the "debate :-\" and its in a section for non Summer Wine . ???

Back