Men present when babies are born??

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
May seem a strange topic but here goes. Nick Knowles and his wife are apparently in trouble with the internet trolls because , she does not want him at the birth of their first child (it will make her less attractive to him and ruin their love life ???) He is ok with that because he was at the birth of his children by his first marriage. Having had 4 children and not been at any birth I am bound to ask what others think. They were all born at home but I was relegated to keeping the fires going and mashing tea (you'll only get in the way!! >:( :-\)

We have three. The first one, I was chased out of the hospital
and had to wait, lonely and scared, at home waiting for a phone call.

The other two I was there in the delivery room. Much better
for both of us, as I could hold my wife's hand thru the
major contractions (???) and help her thru the deliveries.

But that's 40-some-odd years ago and I have mercifully
forgotten the painful parts.

Mine was present when I had 2 of ours. (MIA working then the first one arrived.). I remember sitting on the stairs with my dad when my brother was born, times have changed a lot.

I was there when my grandkids were born its an amazing thing.

Maybe the fathers should be there if only for punitive purposes you know, " You come near me again and I'll chop it off" " This is your fault" " I hate you" " Sorry am I hurting your hand? TOUGH!!!" ;D ;D

I was told after I was allowed in the room after the first one, " You're having the next one"" >:( ;D ;D

Incidentally ,for our second my wife was having a long labour. " Let us take you into hospital and induce you" Through gritted teeth " I'm going nowhere!! >:(" She stayed home !! ;)

I was told after I was allowed in the room after the first one, " You're having the next one"" >:( ;D ;D

This planet would be a lot less populated if man had to have them. ::)

Not to get too graphic but my second one came out bum first and I had no pain relieve want so ever! ;)

I hate the smell of gas and air plus my labours were very quick so didn't have time for any think else.

We are the same age but you had yours much earlier than mine, but didn't they have epiderals (sp?)? It is a shot that they give you in the spine and you are in happy land for the most part.

Yes but I didn't want one plus by the time I got to hospital I was too far gone. My longest labour was the second one at 6 hours and that's just because she coming out backwards. They asked if I wanted one but I said no. Lord know's why I must have been high on adrenalin ;D ;D
Honestly I was only in proper full labour for 30 minutes with my first! No one believes my but I have it down on record ;D ;D
When friends and family say " I was in labour for 24 hours" I say Why? Were you enjoying it? What were you messing about at?!! ;D

Well ok you are a year younger than me ::) but I didn't have to deal with gas at all. Thank goodness. I know there were a lot of woman here who wanted to go natural because it was healthier for the baby. I thought I would try this way with Ashley (20 years ago), but by my first contraction I was screaming for the doctor. Of course they were inducing my labor so it was coming on stronge. You would have been ashamed of me Pearl-Susan. :me:

Each to there own I say.I gave birth to Cher"s Love hurts and he was there to check if there is any truth in that statement !!!! ???

Well ok you are a year younger than me ::) but I didn't have to deal with gas at all. Thank goodness. I know there were a lot of woman here who wanted to go natural because it was healthier for the baby. I thought I would try this way with Ashley (20 years ago), but by my first contraction I was screaming for the doctor. Of course they were inducing my labor so it was coming on stronge. You would have been ashamed of me Pearl-Susan. :me:

Not at all, we all deal with it the way for us. ;D

Each to there own I say.I gave birth to Cher"s Love hurts and he was there to check if there is any truth in that statement !!!! ???

I didn't have music, maybe I should have that way it would have drowned out the swearing ;D

I remember the doctor who delivered Ashley very well. He had a great sense of humor. I was so nervous and he always trying to make me laugh to calm me down. I had the same doctor for the whole 9 months.

I remember I had been in labor since that morning and it was around 6pm. The doctor comes in stumbling a bit and looked at me and said that he only had a few drinks from across the street. He said, I hope you don't mind. I am really ok. Well I knew this doctor, he was always cracking jokes so I knew he was kidding, but Paul didn't know him that well and he was furious. We had to calm him down which made it even funnier.

I had Ashley a half hour later. I think I laughed so hard it expedited everything.

Back