Lets see your cars

More modern day, I owned an electric mini for about 5 months last year. What a nightmare, supposedly has a range of 160 miles but in the winter you're lucky to get more than 100 from it. Also the infrastructure simply isn't there for EV's yet, when I was bringing it back I had to charge it at Warwick services, only 2 chargers for the entire services (one of which was out of order) so after waiting over 3 hours for the 2 people in front to charge I finally left 4 hours later :mad:
Sold it 5 months later at a significant loss as it was too impractical.

Barrychuckle, thanks for your real life experience with an EV. Been toying with the idea but as you say we're not there yet. I'm sure Wesley would get Smiler to hold 'that' wire but it would be the end of both of them & the shed!
Also the depreciation on EV’s is savage, most like me only buy them as a company purchase for the tax benefits. But then there is a very limited secondary market as EV’s are a lot more expensive to start with.

I now have a Volvo electric, but there is no way it could be a main car with the limitations of an EV. At 6 months old it’s already lost a third of its value. If I’d not got the tax breaks I’d be gutted.

My advice would be if you do go EV ensure you have an ICE daily driver and go for a second hand one which has already suffered its price drop.

A car I really enjoyed owning,easy to work on, it was the 1600 GT model,always wanted a 1600E but could never afford one, one night the car was stolen and found half a mile down the road with the bonnet up, the car was fine and nothing removed,I think what saved it was a few weeks before the rocker cover was leaking, it was distorted so I went to a scrap yard and picked up a replacement, this cover had the Ford label 1300 stuck on it as opposed to 1600, so I think the villains thought it was not worth the trouble for a 1300 engine.
cortina.jpg

Wesley has successfully fitted Seymours waste disposal motor into an old beetle. The extra reserve power should come in handy. Just hold the orange wire Smiler.

Attachments

• 1690892321934.png
    1690892321934.png
    521.8 KB · Views: 5
The frogeye as I believe you call it? It was referred to as the bugeye here. I always wanted an Austin-Healey 3000 MK III...
The mark I was the frogeye sprite. I had the mark II, still very basic though with no door handles or wind up windows.

Back