Golden opportunity

If you don't get it Wesley I'll book passage over there and demand to know why not ;D

So you tell them they don't want some crazed British woman coming after them :46::46::13:

I will join you Beth and Pearl. Then we can sit in WesleyRocks "American CAFE". I know it has been a long time coming about this Golden Opportunity. :eek:

You are welcome anytime!!
I'll let them know about the crazy British woman and the crazy yanks heading this way!

Still in the fight

Well, just when I thought all was lost, I just got a phone call that I'm still in the running for the teaching position. WHAT!!!!
Anyway, there are a few loose ends that need fixed up before they can interview me (which start next week) but it looks like those will be taken care of tomorrow morning.
Holy cow, I even let my goatee grow long in protest ;D
I guess we will see what next week brings, but I thought that I would share with my lotsw family!!!
I'm still in the fight!!
Thank you all for the thoughts, prayers, and crossed fingers. Keep them coming, I really would love to teach folks about mechanics.

Well, just when I thought all was lost, I just got a phone call that I'm still in the running for the teaching position. WHAT!!!!
Anyway, there are a few loose ends that need fixed up before they can interview me (which start next week) but it looks like those will be taken care of tomorrow morning.
I guess we will see what next week brings, but I thought that I would share with my lotsw family!!!
I'm still in the fight!!
Thank you all for the thoughts, prayers, and crossed fingers. Keep them coming, I really would love to teach folks about mechanics.

Hi Darin
That is good news so fingers crossed,also I spotted in the cafe yesterday your newspaper article is still on display

I'm still in the fight!!

Let us hope you get your hearts desire Darin.

Darin, that is great news!!!! Wow!! I will keep you in my prayers. You must have told them about Pearl and two crazed women coming down there with our brushes.

It is hard not to get excited eh? Keep us informed! :respect:

I missed something. First, good luck, Wesley. Hope it happens. But, what is the article in the café? Can I see it somewhere?

So, just a quick update.
I have been "qualified" for the teaching job. I'm about to leave to and meet with the Tech Principal, Assistant Principal, and the Principal of the high school where I will be teaching.
Not sure what the meeting is about, but they worked very hard to get me qualified and they called yesterday and asked to meet with me today.
Told the wife, not sure if I'm getting arrested or getting offered the job????
Anyway, my meeting with them is in 30 minutes, about to throw on some deodorant, a nice shirt and head off.
Let you know the end result when I return, unless, of course I get arrested.
This is the high school that I graduated from and causes a bit of havoc
:respect::respect::respect:

So, just a quick update.
I have been "qualified" for the teaching job. I'm about to leave to and meet with the Tech Principal, Assistant Principal, and the Principal of the high school where I will be teaching.
Not sure what the meeting is about, but they worked very hard to get me qualified and they called yesterday and asked to meet with me today.
Told the wife, not sure if I'm getting arrested or getting offered the job????
Anyway, my meeting with them is in 30 minutes, about to throw on some deodorant, a nice shirt and head off.
Let you know the end result when I return, unless, of course I get arrested.
This is the high school that I graduated from and causes a bit of havoc
:respect::respect::respect:

Give me a nod if you need a cake baking with a file in ;);)

Good luck :D

Last edited:
Back