Golden opportunity

[/quote]
Very Cool!!! Thank you very much!
You are really just a softy aren't you!!??? :p
[/quote]

Shhhhh don't tell everyone!! I have a reputation to maintain. 8) 8)

;)

Looks like you "cracked" it this time!! :D Waiting is the hard part but sounds like you have a great attitude about this. Ill keep the prayers open until it is a done deal. :)

Okay, new update. I spoke to the hiring lady at the school today and everything is coming along good. I have completed all of my online stuff, with the exception of my references sending their emails back.
However, she asked me if I have told my current employer my plans yet. Nope! Since I have been working there for almost 11 years, they are the only employer she needs to call and confirm employment.
So tomorrow, I have scheduled a meeting the GM and my manager to drop the news. Oh boy!!
I'm not going to quit, just scale down to a part-time status, which they have done for me in the past, when my kids were small and I was a part-time stay at home dad. So I'm thinking they will be Okay with it.
Ill keep you posted. Hoping it won't be a big deal.

My GM is cool with the idea and will work with my schedule at the school. He doesn't want me to quit and will do whatever it takes to keep me around fixing their stuff. So far so good.
:D

So this morning I met with the high school principal which, if I get the job, I will be teaching. We spent about 45 minutes talking "shop" and I feel everything went quite well.
I hope to hear soon what the next step is.
I have completed all of my hiring paperwork, still have some testing to do, but all in all things are moving along.
She did say that May 1st is the projected start date for whoever gets the position. That gives me some idea when this will come together.
Just keeping my family updated... :)

Our fingers are still crossed for you Wesley, keep thinking positively :tux:

Well all,
The time has come, the job will be posted tomorrow. It was actually posted today, but they messed up the posting and have to relist it.They have to run the posting for a week and then the interviewing process will start and all of the background checking and such.
I'm very excited, to the point of being "gitty, like a school girl".
This would be a great opportunity for me to teach kids how airplanes work, as well as a financial boost for our family. I'm trying not to get too excited, but I have been waiting for months for it to be posted.
I hope someday to used the extra income to finally see Holmfirth. It would be a great time. ;D
Keep me in your prayers and all,
Thank you all!
Wesley

Finally! I will keep you in my prayers this coming week. How quickly afterwards will you know?

Finally! I will keep you in my prayers this coming week. How quickly afterwards will you know?
I'm not sure, I hope it moves quickly. The principle at the high school said they were shooting for may 1st. I don't think it will happen that fast, but we will see. There is a chance as well I might not be the only one qualified, so..... we will see.

Back