Golden opportunity

WesleyRocks

Dedicated Member
Hey Everyone,
I wanted to put this out there because I feel like we are family here and I value you guys.
I'm not sure what you believe works in these situations, whether its prayers/crossing fingers/wishing, whatever. For me its prayers, however I don't want this to get into a beliefs discussion.

" It means the sky has no lid on it" :D

I know a few people in the aviation industry and some of my classmates that graduated with me have moved into other fields with aviation.
I got a call today from an old friend that kept me in mind, for a teaching job at a local high school, for teaching General Aviation Theory/Repair. This is a class that basically tells you how an airplanes work,the importance of doing your job correctly, and other things too.
Anyways, they get kids that don't want to follow the college path and want a career right out of high school. This is the path I took as well.

So, please keep me in mind for the next few weeks. This would be a dream job for me, passing all that I have learned over the last 20+ years onto the next generation. What an honor.
Thank you all, I'll keep you posted.
Darin

I'm wishing you the very very best. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed foryou. Think possessive. :respect: :respect: :D

Update, Just got a call from the head of the aviation department at the school and I have a "1st" interview on Monday at 3PM EST.

NERVOUS !!!

Wow they don't mess about do they. Good for you, good luck.
You'll do great :D

My prayers will be with you! I admire your reasons for wanting to teach! :respect:

Good Luck with your interview. Sounds like one of those jobs, that isn't a job if you enjoy going everyday. :respect: Wesley and Darin Rocks! :respect:

Being a high school teach is challenging but can be rewarding. There is never a dull moment! As long as the pay is good enough you may consider it and get the good benefits and days off!

Sorry all it took so long to post this,
The interview went great! I was up until 1130 last night doing homework!! ;D Truthfully I was!!!
I met with the assistant principal and then met with the principal of the school. They both really want me to have the position, however I still have to go through the hiring process. They told me that they had my fellow alumni as well as past instructors come to them and push for me to get the position. WOW!!
When they told me that I was totally blown away. I was always taught to treat others right, work hard, and do a thorough job, I didn't know that people noticed that much!!! I was in disbelief.
The interview went on for about 35 minutes and then they gave me many, many hours of homework to do.
The school board uses a computer program that matches you to a position by your qualifications as well as a long list of options. What I was working on last night is filling out all of the information.
Basically what they told me, since the position is not officially out there (It will be in about 3 weeks) to go ahead and fill out all of the information. When the position comes open, the computer program will automatically match me to the position and flag me as the "perfect" candidate. Pretty slick huh?
So, that is where it stands. It really sounds like it will be a little bit of a lengthy process but I'm in for the long haul. I hope I get it, but I understand that there are probably more folks out there with better qualifications than I.
In the assistant principal's words "you are exactly what I'm looking for". If that holds true then I feel I have a good chance as any.
I'll keep you posted if more news comes in.
Thank you all for your thoughts, prayer, finger crossings!!!!! You all are awesome!!
Darin

That's great news Wesley ;D Really proud of you.
Its called Karma, if you treat people well people will treat you well.
What goes around comes around :respect:

I'll keep my fingers well and truly crossed :dance: :dance:

That's great news Wesley ;D Really proud of you.
Its called Karma, if you treat people well people will treat you well.
What goes around comes around :respect:

I'll keep my fingers well and truly crossed :dance: :dance:
Very Cool!!! Thank you very much!
You are really just a softy aren't you!!??? :p

that's great news to hear Darin, so pleased for you and wish you all the best with this

Back