Favourite music

Neil Young was/is marvellous. Ragged Glory is a great album.

I'm well out of my depth here. I sort of stopped listening to music in the 80's. I love most 60's stuff. But early classical stuff like Byrds, Tallis and even Palestrina, I love that. Having been taught some piano as a child (i sound a bit Cleggy there, I didn't learn it, I was TAUGHT it!) people like Marta Argerich are beyond compare. Also Gershwin, oh, all sorts! Does anyone remember a piece called Herlem Nocturn? It was used for Mickey Spillane.

Joy Divison were one of the best and the Clash with the great Joe Strummer what a rock band.Went to see the Stone Roses last sat Rob what did you make of their music.They were supported by the Wailers,Beady Eye and a rapper called Pro Green.The Byrds are one of my fave 60s groups along with Beatles,Zombies, The Animals.Manfred Mann.The Yardbirds.

Just sorted through all my cds found loads i havent seen for ages.Will spend this afternoon listening to some of them whist keeping eve on British Grand Prix.Found 3 Smiths albums i thought i took to a charity shop by mistake ages ago so that was a Brucie Bonus.Might start with best of the Smiths.Also found an album by a band called Mumford and sons,I'm not sure this is mine my friend Emma likes them so it might be hers.I also found simon and Garfunkels Bridge over troubled water.Does anybody like The Proclamiers i quite like some of their songs :)

been listening to a lot of Otis Redding stuff and other stax records i.e Wilson Pickett, mainly for the guitar work by the great steve cropper. The guy is a genius, no long endless solos just beautiful melodies/

Just sorted through all my cds found loads i havent seen for ages.Will spend this afternoon listening to some of them whist keeping eve on British Grand Prix.Found 3 Smiths albums i thought i took to a charity shop by mistake ages ago so that was a Brucie Bonus.Might start with best of the Smiths.Also found an album by a band called Mumford and sons,I'm not sure this is mine my friend Emma likes them so it might be hers.I also found simon and Garfunkels Bridge over troubled water.Does anybody like The Proclamiers i quite like some of their songs :)

The Smiths....ace on toast. Marvellous band. The Proclaimers? You need shooting Jay!!!
The Smiths really were grand. Every album was a thing of beauty. It's hard to pick a winner, or even a fave song.

Aw, thats lovely, Chuffer. Really lovely. We were astounding that night. I can remember shaking watching the penalties, but knowing with absolute certainty we would win. How could we not? After that fight-back, how could we lose? But still I was shaking! My mouse mat is the Champions of Europe 2005 photo. Lennon and Liverpool. Unshakable. Made my night, Chuffer. Thank you. x

Aw, thats lovely, Chuffer. Really lovely. We were astounding that night. I can remember shaking watching the penalties, but knowing with absolute certainty we would win. How could we not? After that fight-back, how could we lose? But still I was shaking! My mouse mat is the Champions of Europe 2005 photo. Lennon and Liverpool. Unshakable. Made my night, Chuffer. Thank you. x

A couple of years ago I became an adopted Uncle. An old Uni mate who I hadnt seen in years. She has 2 kids. The eldest a boy now aged 7. I bought him a Liverpool/Celtic scarf for his birthday and a Liverpool poster and pencil case.
We sat down and watched that together.
Him...."That's us isn't it?"
Me..."Yep, that's us mate"
Him..."We won the European Cup"
me..."yeah, we won the European Cup mate"
Him..."But that's like brilliant isn't it?"
me..."yes mate, it is"
Him..."that is brilliant"
we both cried a tear or two.
Never, ever forget.

Jay...The Proclaimers indeed.....wash your mouth and mind out man!
Have some Black Sabbath

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QQ0hH4MYsk

One of THEEE greatest bands of all time. Not to everyones taste I understand.

We have all had crazy moments in our lives.The Proclaimers are one of those moments..Lol :)

What is your fave ever Smiths tune Rob.This Charming man springs instantly to mind or Girlfriend in a coma,so many good tunes to pick.

Jay...The Proclaimers indeed.....wash your mouth and mind out man!
Have some Black Sabbath

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QQ0hH4MYsk

One of THEEE greatest bands of all time. Not to everyones taste I understand.

We have all had crazy moments in our lives.The Proclaimers are one of those moments..Lol :)

What is your fave ever Smiths tune Rob.This Charming man springs instantly to mind or Girlfriend in a coma,so many good tunes to pick.

Aaah Jay, now there's a question. Fave Smiths tune? Now that takes some thining about. I could probably do a top 20!

Paint a vulgar picture
What diffrerence does it make
Still ill
Meat is murder
Nowhere fast
Sheila take a bow
well I wonder
etc

but....
probably

What she said

Back