Favourite music

I had quite a large vinyl LP collection which i sold before xmas and miss terribly.

Yeah, I have about 8 feet of vinyl albums, mostly jazz, some
folk and 50's R&R. No idea what to do with them. Kids don't want them
both 'cause of the music styles, but also they do not have turntables.

Hate to trash them all. But what else???

Any of my vinyl collection that i really liked, i transferred to the Mac with a USB deck i bought a few years ago and then burned them to CD, i even managed to get the cover art off the net and with a bit of fiddling in Photoshop, they look quite professional.

G ; )

I had quite a large vinyl LP collection which i sold before xmas and miss terribly.

Yeah, I have about 8 feet of vinyl albums, mostly jazz, some
folk and 50's R&R. No idea what to do with them. Kids don't want them
both 'cause of the music styles, but also they do not have turntables.

Hate to trash them all. But what else???

I had to sell mine because i'd lost my job and had to pay for xmas presents for my kids. So they went for a good reason but still, i do miss them.

I am listening to a lot of film scores at the moment, my favourite composers being Alfred Newman, Miklos Rozsa, Bernard Herrmann, Bronislau Kaper and Hugo Friedhofer.

Classical music is high on my list with my favourite composers being Holst, Bax, Bridge, Mussorgsky and Stravinsky.

I particularly like Jazz of all kinds, amongst my favourites are Fats Waller, John Coltrane, Charles Mingus and Coleman Hawkins.

I still listen to a bit of Rock and Metal especially Judas Priest and Thin Lizzy.

I am listening to a lot of film scores at the moment, my favourites being Alfred Newman, Miklos Rozsa, Bernard Herrmann and Hugo Friedhofer.

Classical music is high on my list with my favourite composer being Holst, Bax, Bridge, Mussorgsky and Stravinsky.

I particularly like Jazz of all kinds, amongst my favourites are Fats Waller, John Coltrane, Charles Mingus and Coleman Hawkins.

I still listen to a bit of Rock and Metal especially Judas Priest and Thin Lizzy.

John Coltrane and Thin Lizzy, I can go with that. Good choices.

Some more music i like..
The Charlatans
Cast
Embrace
The Stone Roses
Billy Joel
Jim Croce
The Beatles
Bryan Adams
Idlewild
Four Pennies
The Animals

A lot of you might not have heard of some of these.
My mother has a cd by Al Bowly which has the song sweet and lovely on it which of course is the song used at the begining of First of the summer wine.I have a few film soundtracks as well mostly quite moden films but i have got west side story and the soundtrack to the great film Oliver!

Amos, no decent bands have come out of Liverpool for ages. Here is a heavy outfit that I was mates with back in the early 90's. They got no airplay apart from a bit on John Peel.

I give you.....Dr.Phibes and the House of wax equations doing their cover of a Doors classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bddk1EQeHkA

Amos, no decent bands have come out of Liverpool for ages. Here is a heavy outfit that I was mates with back in the early 90's. They got no airplay apart from a bit on John Peel.

I give you.....Dr.Phibes and the House of wax equations doing their cover of a Doors classic.

Nice one Rob.I suppose Liverpool are allowed one band another band i forgot to mention were scottish rockers Simple Minds.Will check out dr philbes.

Nice one Rob.I suppose Liverpool are allowed one band another band i forgot to mention were scottish rockers Simple Minds.Will check out dr philbes.

Aye early Simple Minds stuff was ok mate. Life in a day, that era.
They were a punk band to start with called Johnny and the self abusers. Check them out on youtube.
My tastes are a bit punkier and more revolutionary than that, but I dont mind a bit of their early stuff.

Amos, did you ever like The Smiths? Even though we are roughly the same age, give or take a couple of years, they may have been slightly more me than you.
For me they were wonderful, but not everyones taste I'll grant you.
Anyone who thought they were miserable really missed the point. Johnny Marr's guitar playing was jubilant, and the lyrics were special, the geeetar riffs in places were as good as anything I've ever heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uxP8h0SZRw

Yes Rob i have a lot of smiths and Morrisey records.He headlined the Hop farm festival near my house last year my fave smiths song is there is a light that never goes out or this charming man.Everday is like Sunday is the best Morrissey song.

I have recently heard some songs by Dexys Midnight Runners and had forgotten how good they actually were and they have made a recent comeback and also does anyone like the music of Jim Croce whos hits include speedball trucker,Time in a bottle and i got a name who also died to young in 1973.?

I only remmeber Jim Croce and I had his cassettes. He was really good. Songs like:

I got a name

Bad bad Leroy Brown.

You brought back many memories.

Just been sorting out some old cds to take to charity shop did anyone like madness
or a scottish band called Del Amitri?also found some old film sountracks and some old 7"Vinal records including lots of football team songs made for cup finals i used to buy them every year even if my team was not in the final(NO CHANCE OF THAT HAPPENING)....Some of the records are by Spurs 1981 Ossies Dream,Coventry City
1987,Man Utd i think around 1990 these are all gatering dust now and i have nothing to play them on.I have quite a few 60s bands including The Zombies and the BeachBoys i think these were my mothers.At last count i am heading for 250 cds and running out of room. :)

Anyone remember Crosby, Stills and Nash? They were a favorite when I was
fairly young.

I love CS&N or CSN&Y, i'm 27 and think they are great. Saw CS&N at glastonbury a few years ago and they were great. Stephen Stills is a great guitar player, David Crosby is a legend despite his hair (or lack of) and Graham Nash has a beautiful voice.

Back