Do we want ChatGPT?

• Yes

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just asked it who was Wilfrid Brambell and got this answer;

Brambell was best known for his role as Albert Tatlock in the long-running soap opera Coronation Street. He also appeared in a number of films and television shows, including Steptoe and Son, On the Buses, and Fawlty Towers.

Brambell's estate was left to his wife, who died in 2002. It is not known who inherited the estate after her death.

I'm sure other members can spot the many errors in the above!!!!

I have just used an AI tool to answer a specific question about "Summer Wine". It included the following incorrect information:
  • There was a strike by the Writers' Guild of Great Britain (that affected filming of LotSW).
  • Compo appeared in series 29.
  • Two episodes made in 2008 remained unaired until 2012.
  • The episodes are considered to be among the best of the series.
  • With guest appearances by Peter Sallis and Frank Thornton.
  • The episodes, titled "The Second Stag Night of Doggy Wilkinson" and "What Happened to the Horse?", were ... postponed due to the death of one of the show's stars, Gordon Kaye.
  • The episodes also include guest appearances by some of the show's former cast members, such as Nora Batty, Compo and Foggy.
  • The episodes will be shown as part of a special season celebrating the 50th anniversary.
Need I say more?

I have just used an AI tool to answer a specific question about "Summer Wine". It included the following incorrect information:
  • There was a strike by the Writers' Guild of Great Britain (that affected filming of LotSW).
  • The episodes, titled "The Second Stag Night of Doggy Wilkinson" and "What Happened to the Horse?", were ... postponed due to the death of one of the show's stars, Gordon Kaye.
  • The episodes also include guest appearances by some of the show's former cast members, such as Nora Batty, Compo and Foggy.
  • The episodes will be shown as part of a special season celebrating the 50th anniversary.
Need I say more?
It would be nice to know exactly what was asked!

Need I say more?
Sorry to correct you on a minor point, but Compo did appear in series 29 albeit posthumously, in It's Never Been 10 Years ;)

Back