Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gothic

Administrator
Staff member
What are your views on ChatGPT, the Artificial Intelligence answering service?
I can activate it within the "Shout Box" if required.

Last edited:
As a ludite I'd say no thanks. We all have our own LOTSW thoughts & new nuggets pop up from time to time that AI couldn't possibly know about. It would have us labelled as nerds in a nono second & recommend our extinction!

Pardon my ignorance but how would that work? We already have a search box.
It's as simple as asking it a question. Not the same as a simple search query, the ChatGPT will, in most cases, try to answer your question sensibly.
ChatGPT is an AI-powered language model developed by OpenAI, capable of generating human-like text based on context and past conversations.

When you say "Ask it a question" are you meaning verbally or typing? Don't have a microphone on my desktop pc, nor do I have Siri or Alexa. Which would cut me out of the verbal part.

Wouldn't that in effect be a 'link' in the Shout Box that is supposed to be frowned upon?!? <Images of scene from "The IT Crowd" telling boss not to 'Google' Google because it will break the internet. :29: >

I take it there would be an option to toggle it On or Off if we wanted to ChaGPT Search or normal Shout Box?

Sorry to be a naysayer but I wouldn't fancy it but I'll go with the majority. My only real experience with AI is Alexa and sometimes I question her intelligence.

What are your views on ChatGPT, the Artificial Intelligence answering service?
I can activate it within the "Shout Box" if required.

Is this the real Tony or AI Tony talking :) I would be happy to try it out , if members feel uncomfortable then I guess you can disable the function easily ?

As far as I'm aware, the databases these AI's use are not current - about 2 years old. They can come up with totally incorrect results, as they are no more intelligent than the information they are provided with - which, bearing in mind the variety of non-factual opinion online - isn't surprising.

Phew... I'll relax now (see why I'm not commenting on "What's the Hoblem with Probbo?" ...)

As far as I'm aware, the databases these AI's use are not current - about 2 years old. They can come up with totally incorrect results, as they are no more intelligent than the information they are provided with - which, bearing in mind the variety of non-factual opinion online - isn't surprising.

Phew... I'll relax now (see why I'm not commenting on "What's the Hoblem with Probbo?" ...)
The databases they use are at most ten months old and the results I and associates have received are, in our opinion, 95% correct!
Everything depends on what you ask......

It's really interesting to ask these AI bots a really technical question perhaps linked to your work.

I think the accuracy is around 90%, but the scary thing is if it doesn't know the answer it will make it up. If a solicitor told you that 90% of the advice he was going to be correct you'd not hire him/her!

AI is nothing new as those using iphones will be familiar with Siri who's basically an AI bot.

Back