Do we need ChatGPT on the forums? - POLL

Do we want ChatGPT?

• Yes

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think we should ask the "Magic 8 Ball" to see what it has to say. ;)

I had a sort of psychic experience yesterday . First cup of tea of the day the bag burst unbeknownst to me so when I got to the bottom of the cup I read the leaves and it said I would be going on a long Journey where I would meet a stranger . An hour later my shopping was delivered and the milk was missing so I had to travel three miles to my nearest Supermarket where I bought two 4 pint bottles where the stranger , the lady on the till, said £3.50!!! ;):)

My tarot cards said no, so I voted no. Just kidding, I haven't asked them! Lol I'll do a reading later, but not about that. I did surprisingly vote no tho because AI is cool and all but...well...I don't have a logical reason why it shouldn't be here, I just feel like it would kind of kill the vibe but not really, you know? But it's ok if others want it. It wouldn't kill the vibe that much.

Barry I gave up after the first sentence. We don't really have customers or products. I think anything that states 'smart' or 'intelligent' is anything but.
Just my 2pence worth.

I'll have to actually read that when I'm on my laptop. I can't really see it on my phone screen. My eyesight is not the best and I've been awake for over 24 hours! Lol

I have just seen a good reason why AI can give erroneous answers, on the basis that it will not understand context.
I follow Mark Gibbings-Jones on twitter, his blog Broken TV researches "The 100 Most-Broadcast BBC Programmes Of All Time" - It appears he has used info from the BBC "genome" project - that has details of nearly every programme listing in the Radio Times. However, because Optical Character Recognition (OCR) was used to "read" the listings and lack of resources mean that the OCR has not been error checked, there are discrepancies, like the OCR mis-reading characters, so a letter "t" might be seen as an "i" or "l" by the OCR, meaning the programme title would be missed in the count of appearances. That in itself creates potential for AI to mis-represent facts.
In this instance, this had the effect of meaning a particular programme "appeared" to have been listed a different number of occasions. So, in the detailed listing in the blog article there is the "original" list of entries from 16th most watched to 11th, and an amended list of 15th to 10th place based on the corrected numbers. So, in the same article 6 shows are listed with correct and incorrect positions. Let's see an AI sort that out!

I have just seen a good reason why AI can give erroneous answers, on the basis that it will not understand context.
I follow Mark Gibbings-Jones on twitter, his blog Broken TV researches "The 100 Most-Broadcast BBC Programmes Of All Time" - It appears he has used info from the BBC "genome" project - that has details of nearly every programme listing in the Radio Times. However, because Optical Character Recognition (OCR) was used to "read" the listings and lack of resources mean that the OCR has not been error checked, there are discrepancies, like the OCR mis-reading characters, so a letter "t" might be seen as an "i" or "l" by the OCR, meaning the programme title would be missed in the count of appearances. That in itself creates potential for AI to mis-represent facts.
In this instance, this had the effect of meaning a particular programme "appeared" to have been listed a different number of occasions. So, in the detailed listing in the blog article there is the "original" list of entries from 16th most watched to 11th, and an amended list of 15th to 10th place based on the corrected numbers. So, in the same article 6 shows are listed with correct and incorrect positions. Let's see an AI sort that out!
Ready when you are Leigh

I think it still needs a little more work per below:

Who were Howard and Marina on Last of the Summer Wine?
ChatGPT

Howard and Marina were characters in the British television series "Last of the Summer Wine," a long-running sitcom that aired from 1973 to 2010. The characters were portrayed by actors Robert Fyfe (Howard) and Jean Fergusson (Marina).

Howard was a long-suffering character who often found himself in comedic and awkward situations. He was married to Pearl, but his character was known for his flirtations with other women, particularly with Marina.

Marina, on the other hand, was a character who worked as a secretary. She was romantically involved with Howard, and their relationship provided comedic elements to the show, often involving Howard's attempts at secrecy and the misunderstandings that ensued.

"Last of the Summer Wine" followed the lives of a group of older men in the fictional Yorkshire town of Holmfirth, and it was well-loved for its gentle humor and portrayal of the antics of its quirky characters.

I think it still needs a little more work per below:

Who were Howard and Marina on Last of the Summer Wine?
ChatGPT

Howard and Marina were characters in the British television series "Last of the Summer Wine," a long-running sitcom that aired from 1973 to 2010. The characters were portrayed by actors Robert Fyfe (Howard) and Jean Fergusson (Marina).

Howard was a long-suffering character who often found himself in comedic and awkward situations. He was married to Pearl, but his character was known for his flirtations with other women, particularly with Marina.

Marina, on the other hand, was a character who worked as a secretary. She was romantically involved with Howard, and their relationship provided comedic elements to the show, often involving Howard's attempts at secrecy and the misunderstandings that ensued.

"Last of the Summer Wine" followed the lives of a group of older men in the fictional Yorkshire town of Holmfirth, and it was well-loved for its gentle humor and portrayal of the antics of its quirky characters.
@maltrab @onyx(John) helps to explain some of the answers we get on the group membership questions.

There was some bloke on the wireless I heard a few weeks back saying that the IQ of Googles Bard AI thingy has increased to that of Einstein in a short period of time.

I heard that Kenneth Williams stayed at the same hotel as I did when I recently visited Funchal, so I asked Bard if he regularly visited, it told me that he was indeed a regular visitor and he last stayed there in 1990. Bearing in mind he'd been dead 2 years by 1990 that was rather surprising from something with an IQ approaching 200!!!!!!

Back