Best one liners

Blanmire:"Take dovetail joints, where are they?"
Clegg:"I don't know, you just invited us on the tour"

As I put it into the A-Z game I thought this line was appropriate here.

Clegg - Moaning for charity, I bet that could become popular. From Stop That Castle

Clegg - Oh I will look if he is an idiot, I like idiots. From Deviations with Davenport

Can someone help me out here (possibly Darren). In a late Truly era episode, Howard is talking to Clegg about Clegg's marriage.

I am paraphrasing here-

Howard: What about romance?
Clegg: That was for foreigners.

I might use that as my footnote quote because I love that so much, but I want to get the words exactly right.

That is DEFINATELY in "I didn't know Barry Could Play" Caught it earlier

Big Day at Dream Acres, Seymour has just said the big shock cowboy wise was Gene Audrey turning out to be a man.
Compo - "Ah, what about your name then, Seymour, sounds like a name for ladies blouses"

Billy talking about the wife`s sister: "She sits there staring at me, looking for signs of infidelity." ;D

From "That`s not Captain Zero"
Compo :"What happens if you miss the net?"
Captain Zero :"I find the best plan is to start screaming"
NywvIb1.png

Edie - "Has your father been moving things about again, I'm sure this gear thing was over here last week"

Compo; I wonder what they'll put on my gravestone.
Foggy; Something very heavy, I hope.
Clegg; What would you like on it?
Compo; Somebody Else's name

Cleggy: She scares me to death that woman. She makes me feel like a dressed chicken and she is somebody with a spare pound of dressing. :-[ ;D

This is a very good episode. (Major Sunray)

Not sure if its been used before :eek:
"If Glenda and her mother ask me Mr Pegden , can I quote yer??"

" I'm gonna stop confiding in you Barry if you're gonna turn out to be a blabbermouth!! " >:(

" I'm gonna stop confiding in you Barry if you're gonna turn out to be a blabbermouth!! " >:(
I have been trying to remember what episode tis came from. I remember they were both looking under the car hood. ..
:-\

I have been trying to remember what episode tis came from. I remember they were both looking under the car hood. ..

Could it have been 'Crums' when Barry buys the water bed for Glenda's Christmas present?

im certain the episode in question is "Getting Barry Higher in the World"

im certain the episode in question is "Getting Barry Higher in the World"
Thank you! That's it. I taped it but couldn't find that phrase. That drives me crazy
Thank you Big UNC for trying.
:-*

From 'The odd dog men', Clegg remembers Wally's nickname at school was Inky Batty. Compo replies; "It was like playing football with a piebald pony" ;D

Compo; "Youve never lived 'till tha's stood in front of Nora Batty's window, naked to the waist, being pelted with dried dates" ;D

" What's this?? " " It's me lucky rabbits foot!" "Didn't do the rabbit much good did it??" ;) ;D

Back