Best one liners

Clegg :- "Have you thought if legs weren't joined in the middle we couldn't ride a bicycle".

Marina to Clegg: Norman Clegg there was who once dallied with my affections.
Clegg: I never dallied. I never even dillied.

I think this is the first episode with Howard and Marina in it.

Nora to Compo: "How come you're still interested in women at your age?"
Compo: "I think it`s because it`s the only opposite sex we've got."

Blanmire: "I must get a light meter."
Clegg: "You should get a heavy one. It will last longer."

Compo talking to Clegg: He (Seymour) says I am wheezing.
Clegg: Not only from one end.... :D

Can someone help me out here (possibly Darren). In a late Truly era episode, Howard is talking to Clegg about Clegg's marriage.

I am paraphrasing here-

Howard: What about romance?
Clegg: That was for foreigners.

I might use that as my footnote quote because I love that so much, but I want to get the words exactly right.

I would need a bit more information than that codfanglers, simply because the late Truly episodes aren't my strong point and need more information to tell you an answer and for most the Truly years he was a member of the trio/quartet Howard would regularly talk to Clegg about women in Clegg's house although thinking of it there was an episode in about series 21 or 22 that rings a bell with what you say so let me get to it in my latest dvd run (im currently on series 9 of 23 ive got on dvd) and will see if that's the right one

Can someone help me out here (possibly Darren). In a late Truly era episode, Howard is talking to Clegg about Clegg's marriage.

I am paraphrasing here-

I might use that as my footnote quote because I love that so much, but I want to get the words exactly right.

I would need a bit more information than that codfanglers, simply because the late Truly episodes aren't my strong point and need more information to tell you an answer and for most the Truly years he was a member of the trio/quartet Howard would regularly talk to Clegg about women in Clegg's house although thinking of it there was an episode in about series 21 or 22 that rings a bell with what you say so let me get to it in my latest dvd run (im currently on series 9 of 23 ive got on dvd) and will see if that's the right one

I am thinking it is from In Which Romance Isn't Dead – Just Incompetent. I just wanted to get the right wording of it. However, waiting for the later years to review the episode isn't such a bad thing.

Thanks for getting back to me, Darren. Also, anyone else out there is free to assist with my inquiries.

Howard when he suspects that Pearl is seeing another man:"I`m going to have to challenge him to a duel, or a quiz or something." :D

I am paraphrasing here-

I am thinking it is from In Which Romance Isn't Dead – Just Incompetent. I just wanted to get the right wording of it. However, waiting for the later years to review the episode isn't such a bad thing.

Thanks for getting back to me, Darren. Also, anyone else out there is free to assist with my inquiries.

actually, I think it's from the 23 &24 boxset -it's the one where Howard does this comic dance and Pearl is NOT impressed

actually, I think it's from the 23 &24 boxset -it's the one where Howard does this comic dance and Pearl is NOT impressed

if it's that episode Pauline then it was on the 21 & 22 boxset and is "I Didn't Know Barry Could Play", if that's the episode Cod its easy to get to at the moment

Back