And Here is the Weather.

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
The shout box seems to have been taken over by our obsession with the weather, I blame Dick!:46:
So I thought I'd post it here instead. Here's a weather warning from Sky News.

"Snow is expected to fall in hilly areas of the country and parts of Scotland could see -10C, while yellow warnings for ice have been issued for parts of Wales, the North West and West Midlands."

Can everyone please message Dick and ask him if he's got his woolies on! :40: We don't want him getting cold!
It's not a pretty site! :3x:

A man from Nottinghamshire has appeared on ITV Central News having set the record for wearing not only the largest number of concurrent sweaters but also scarves, gloves and woollen "Benny" hats. Asked why he attempted such a feat he replied " It started by being nagged and to stop the earache I just decided to keep adding layers , next thing I knew I was a Record Breaker! :08:

:rolling:
A man from Nottinghamshire has appeared on ITV Central News having set the record for wearing not only the largest number of concurrent sweaters but also scarves, gloves and woollen "Benny" hats. Asked why he attempted such a feat he replied " It started by being nagged and to stop the earache I just decided to keep adding layers , next thing I knew I was a Record Breaker! :08:

The shout box seems to have been taken over by our obsession with the weather, I blame Dick!:46:
So I thought I'd post it here instead. Here's a weather warning from Sky News.

"Snow is expected to fall in hilly areas of the country and parts of Scotland could see -10C, while yellow warnings for ice have been issued for parts of Wales, the North West and West Midlands."

Can everyone please message Dick and ask him if he's got his woolies on! :40: We don't want him getting cold!
It's not a pretty site! :3x:

SHE'S BLAMING ME AGAIN!:eyesroll::cry2::46:

Dick,

When Daniel Craig raps in, my money is on you to be the next Bond . Q will be replaced by a female P [no names no pack drill] who will provide you with a thick woollen cardigan that fires small calibre bullets from every button and gloves which have a string attached at each end that will both go through your coat so you don't lose them but can also be used to strangle your arch enemies. :08:

We don't want him getting so cold that he turns a funny shade of blue as to clash with the wallpaper. I can't remember if Pearl said that of Howard. Or if Nora said that of Wally. :confused:

2c here this morning, feels more like -2 with the fan blowing directly at the bed.

Fair enough, although I wouldn't call 2C "warm" :cheek:

I remember being there a few months ago when it WAS relatively warm and almost NONE of the hotels I stayed in had a fan or cooling device. Even the windows were basically bolted shut, or could only be opened a tiny amount.

I can understand everything there being based on cold weather, but I had trouble in some rooms with a lack of "air" in the warm temps of July.o_O

Over here the opposite is the case. There are loads of fans and coolers and aircons around, but little to warm hotel rooms (apart from reverse cycle A/c ) unless you are in "known" winter cold spots e.g. the Southern Coast of WA, like Albany.

Our house (which is nothing special) has a ducted evaporative type cooling A/c and most rooms have ceiling fans. There is no "built-in" heating, and we don't really need or miss it.

Older style homes usually have an open fireplace but the more modern homes tend not to have these and usually rely on something like a "pot belly" fire or a gas or "oil" (kerosene) heater:( for winter. Electric heaters and reverse cycle A/c are also used but
with the price Lecktrissitee soaring a lot of people who have them cannot afford to actually USE them!:(

Fair enough, although I wouldn't call 2C "warm" :cheek:

I remember being there a few months ago when it WAS relatively warm and almost NONE of the hotels I stayed in had a fan or cooling device. Even the windows were basically bolted shut, or could only be opened a tiny amount.

I can understand everything there being based on cold weather, but I had trouble in some rooms with a lack of "air" in the warm temps of July.o_O

Over here the opposite is the case. There are loads of fans and coolers and aircons around, but little to warm hotel rooms (apart from reverse cycle A/c ) unless you are in "known" winter cold spots e.g. the Southern Coast of WA, like Albany.

Our house (which is nothing special) has a ducted evaporative type cooling A/c and most rooms have ceiling fans. There is no "built-in" heating, and we don't really need or miss it.

Older style homes usually have an open fireplace but the more modern homes tend not to have these and usually rely on something like a "pot belly" fire or a gas or "oil" (kerosene) heater:( for winter. Electric heaters and reverse cycle A/c are also used but
with the price Lecktrissitee soaring a lot of people who have them cannot afford to actually USE them!:(
AC isn't standard here even in hotels. I have ceiling fans but only because I had them fitted. We'r more equippe for the colder clims whether we like it or not so when it is warm here everyone melts.

Back