And Here is the Weather.

AC isn't standard here even in hotels. I have ceiling fans but only because I had them fitted. We'r more equippe for the colder clims whether we like it or not so when it is warm here everyone melts.

Some of us feel the cold. Have been known to wear more than one pullover or a pullover and waistcoat (as Cleggy) when it gets chilly. And once I am cold I do not generate enough body heat to warm up but have to sit in front of my 4.1 kW gas fire and slowly roast so I can feel warm. Convected warmth takes along time to sort me out - I need it radiated straight at me!

Religious post warning. Those easerly offended look away now.

..... I always thought real Christians were good, honest accepting people and mostly they are but there an awful lot extremists out there and most are on Facebook.

Absolutely right, I personally am against the extremists you mention, as you already know. But a bit of fun to see how stupid they are.

OK...just been outside to view the "Super,Blue, Blood Moon" we have tonight and I must say, like Haley's Comet back in the 80's...........I am totally Underwhelmed by the experience!:07::(

Always seems as though ,if we are told to look out for something( comets, meteor showers etc ) It clouds over where I am !:02:

However we managed to see the HAYLE-BOPP comet some years ago and were most impressed !:)

I have given up looking for these phenomena . Our local News are always advising early in the bulletin that things can be seen on a particular night , then the smiling assassin that is the Weatherman pops up at the end to ruin any chance of viewing what it is with the smirking "to get the best view basically you need to hop in the car at 3 in the morning and hot foot it to Kielder Reservoir 40 miles away " .

Why the Newsreaders and Weatherman cannot collude before delivering the notification is beyond me and extremely frustrating . To add to the annoyance they always ask viewers to send in their pictures of the event and they will show the best, knowing fine well most of the viewers don't have a cat in hell's chance of snapping a decent shot , :mad:

Always seems as though ,if we are told to look out for something( comets, meteor showers etc ) It clouds over where I am !:02:

However we managed to see the HAYLE-BOPP comet some years ago and were most impressed !:)

Myself and some friends were staying in a lovely hotel in Grange-over Sands when Hayle Bopp was visible,so we all went outside late at night to catch a glimpse, all of a sudden one of the young ladies of our group said is that it there, I replied no that is a street light

OK...just been outside to view the "Super,Blue, Blood Moon" we have tonight and I must say, like Haley's Comet back in the 80's...........I am totally Underwhelmed by the experience!:07::(
Saw the moon before finding out that it was a Super Red, White, and Blue moon. It was GREAT, seeing this large white disk hanging just about the trees. Then I drove in the opposite direction and saw the bright setting sun. Magnificent!!!

Back