You will all Know what episode this is from

Have to admit I'm struggling, but can assume Full Steam Behind??

There was another episode from the 1990s, can't remember which one, which also took advantage of a railway line - though something tells me it may have been disused.

Have to admit I'm struggling, but can assume Full Steam Behind??

There was another episode from the 1990s, can't remember which one, which also took advantage of a railway line - though something tells me it may have been disused.
I will leave you to ponder the answer wstol

It's that one where they're out driving someplace with, of course, Edie is driving and Glenda tells her mother that she needs new glasses. Then it's revealed that, yes, they are driving ON the railroad track. Meanwhile, Howard has just assured Marina that they are truly ALONE. Just then they hear a noise and suddenly the car flies by with Pearl giving Howard a steely glare.

The first time we see Edie drive her car on the railway tracks, she passes some old buildings travelling from left to right on the screen. Later when Howard and Marina arrive, they cycle up to the crossing looking at the same view as in Terry's photo. As Edie passes them (going left to right again) you can just see the rusty metal bridge in the trees in the distance. However, the buildings that Edie passed earlier are out of shot on the same side of the track as Howard and Marina - which means Edie's car travelled on the track in both directions!

S17E08b.png S17E08d.png

The first time we see Edie drive her car on the railway tracks, she passes some old buildings travelling from left to right on the screen. Later when Howard and Marina arrive, they cycle up to the crossing looking at the same view as in Terry's photo. As Edie passes them (going left to right again) you can just see the rusty metal bridge in the trees in the distance. However, the buildings that Edie passed earlier are out of shot on the same side of the track as Howard and Marina - which means Edie's car travelled on the track in both directions!

View attachment 5410 View attachment 5411
Yes I spotted that, and I am surprised that old building seen in the episode has been left to rot, that old metal bridge in the background is still a well used working line.

It was indeed Marianna, well done, though several folk knew the answer, they left it to give others a chance
It took me at least a day to dredge the title out of my memory, although I could immediately see the scene where the car passed the intersection with Howard and Marina waiting on their bicycles in the road.

Back