You are never too old

I have been to LLandudno many times mate..it's only an hour or so away from Liverpool......BUT.....I had that many bevvies on Saturday that I could not have even pronounced "LLANDUDNO"...never mind made my way there !!!....Noel was very good...but the concert was not a sell out...in this day and age people have more pressing priorities on what to spend £65 on.

I have yet to view it sadly my list seems ever lengthening and dvd library has started to increase after spotting something and buying up stuff . For example watched a discovering film episode about Edward G Robinson and bought Little Caesar. Next day there was an episode about James Cagney so bought his collection which didn't have Angels with Dirty Faces in it so bought that as well and so it goes on . It was great during lockdown got through swathes of stuff but now the pile is toppling. :)

Captain !!!!...let's be honest......us Scousers and you Geordies don't speak English anyway !!!!!....My footy lad friends from all over the country [I watched England all the time in the 1980's and 1990's...especially away] always get me to say......."DEEDOOOODODON'DEEEEDO"...which in Engliash translates to "THEY DO THOUGH,DON'T THEY THOUGH".......I have been to The Toon many many times and sometimes I need a translator !!!.....I love The Quayside.....The Bigg Market is a little crazy for an elderly gentleman like me nowadays !!!
X!

They say Geordies cannot take part in Countdown because we only use one vowel to cover all "E" and frightened that it'll all kick off if Suzy Dent disallows a word given by a toon lad as an answer. :)

Last edited:
Went to see Noel Gallagher in Colwyn Bay on Saturday....£65 !!!!.
X!

Was Noel a High Flying bird or waddling Penguin regarding the gig , he played near me but missed the chance to buy tickets . I think he continues to fair better than "our kid", you can see which of the two had the ability to write songs. Liam was on Jools Holland a few weeks back with his new work Better Days. The next day in Clash magazine someone wrote that it revelled in Psychedelic Euphoria comparing it to the Beatles Tomorrow Never Knows , really :oops: . He is a one trick pony [albeit a good un] doesn't have the diversity or ability of his brother in songwriting even though he has co writers.

I agree Captain.....Liam has a REAL stage presence [although it isn't to everyone's taste].
I have seen Oasis quite a few times,and although he will just "stand there...trying to look menacing"...it actually works for him.
Noel's solo work [especially his first album,which was in my humble opinion absolutely fantastic] is much better than Liam's.
He sang "little by little","importance of being earnest","Half the world away" and "whatever" from his Oasis days.....the atmosphere was top notch.....Noel has written some belting "sing alongs".....so everyone went home with a sore throat...but 'apeeeeeee !!!!
x!

"IDLE"...NOT EARNEST !!!!......It just proves what a learned bookworm I really am !!!.....I must be the only "Oscar Wilde loving fop" on Liverpool Docks !!!!...I often arrive to work in a high viz smoking jacket and matching cravat !!!!!!
X!

Back