Yorkshire Worms

Big Unc

Dedicated Member
Posted by a friend on Facebook:

Have any Norfolk friends got a compost heap with lots of worms? I would like to get enough from you to establish a breeding and composting population in our compost bins. I promise to give them a loving home. In Abingdon healthy populations just seemed to appear in the compost heap, but here we have few worms and none at all in the compost bins. A couple of our compost bins were on earth in Abingdon, and here they're on paving, and perhaps that's the reason, though compost worms are different from ordinary earthworms. If I can't get any, I suppose I will have to buy some on the internet. I see Yorkshire Worms sell some, I wonder if it's safe to import them into Norfolk.

Well, it amused me!

Yes Big Unc my compost bin is on earth and I get lots of worms come up into the warmth and breed. But you must get a good mix of compost to keep it rotting. I am in Norfolk but I don`t think that has anything to do with it. But I could be lying. Oh we have not got Stoneworm though.

Last edited:
Posted by a friend on Facebook:

Have any Norfolk friends got a compost heap with lots of worms? I would like to get enough from you to establish a breeding and composting population in our compost bins. I promise to give them a loving home. In Abingdon healthy populations just seemed to appear in the compost heap, but here we have few worms and none at all in the compost bins. A couple of our compost bins were on earth in Abingdon, and here they're on paving, and perhaps that's the reason, though compost worms are different from ordinary earthworms. If I can't get any, I suppose I will have to buy some on the internet. I see Yorkshire Worms sell some, I wonder if it's safe to import them into Norfolk.

I am told that Yorkshire Worms will need a Visa to leave (although some have been known to sneak alongside the A58 and A62 into Lancashire unofficially) and certainly for as far as Norfolk!

Back