Yorkshire Tea

Susan is absolutely right - I fail tea making unless I have a tea pot.

What I do not like is tea shops and coffee houses that give you tea which is a tea bag in the mug as then you have a tea bag with nowhere to put it! Uggh!!

However my favoured establishments have a proper teapot with extra hot water in a pot, and some even give me a strainer as well! Such as Asa Nicholsons, for one: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I looked up where I could buy Yorkshire tea here in the states, and Kroger showed that they sell Yorkshire tea.

Give it a go Beth but make sure you use a pot and make sure the water is boiling hot. Let us know what you think ;D
Why a pot? I usually heat my water in the microwave; will that not work? Remember I take things literally... ;)
:presents:
I shop Kroger (but can't say that I have seen it at my store) but have found Yorkshire tea at the World Market stores in Dallas - they also sell biscuits.
True confessions time - I usually use the microwave too! That is all we have available to heat water at work ;D
I will say that tea is much better when prepared the proper way!

Well beans. They didn't have Yorkshire tea at the Kroger's around here unlike what I was told on google. I thought everything you read on the internet is true. >:(

US tea drinkers in the south. Publix has Yorkshire Tea. My store here in Tennessee has a British section. Having some now. I also get a few uses out of one bag. Making only one cup at a time. We love the taste.

A few uses out of one bag,Compo did that its one tea bag use only ONCE, you have destroyed the flavour and benefit of a wonderful cup of tea.Hope that now you make your tea properly. >:(

Hey Beth, I also looked up on the internet in trying to find Yorkshire tea. I live in Mobile, Al. and the closest Kroger store to me is 300 miles away. So for now, I'm drinking Twinings English Breakfast Tea. It taste good, but I'd like to try Yorkshire tea soon.

Hey Beth, I also looked up on the internet in trying to find Yorkshire tea. I live in Mobile, Al. and the closest Kroger store to me is 300 miles away. So for now, I'm drinking Twinings English Breakfast Tea. It taste good, but I'd like to try Yorkshire tea soon.
Kroger had different English teas, one which was manufactured by P&G. I almost bought but was afraid to try it. If you like Twinings, I will go back and see if they have that brand. Thanks! :)

Brenda,, I wish that were true. Here in Mobile, Al., we have a new Publix store only 6 months old, and they don't sell Yorkshire tea here. I can only get Twinings tea or our American brands at our Publix, you are a lucky lady there.

I don't know why,but they have a 6 foot section top to bottom of British sauces, Yorkshire pudding,oats,biscuits, mixes for shepards pie etc. I know you can request specific foods with your Grocery store. Being there are a lot originally from Cincinnati , Ohio, that live here in Middle Tennessee. Cincy has local Skyline Chili and they get it for us. I just checked Amazon and you can get a decent deal. I am buying a lot from amazon now. just became a prime member check into it $79 year free 2 day shipping. I have teenagers and they have got me using it a lot.

All of us in the home country worry that the settlers get good food so we send supplies to certain parts of the colony,we enjoy your potatoes and the unsual meat in a bun sold by the twin arches company.

All of us in the home country worry that the settlers get good food so we send supplies to certain parts of the colony,we enjoy your potatoes and the unsual meat in a bun sold by the twin arches company.
;D ;D ;D lol

;D ;D ;D lol
I am still laughing Chris. You all there in the ole country did not get a fair deal did you. How could this happen? Maybe Truly of the Yard needs to present this situation to the queen and solve this mystery. He could then solve what really is in that "mystery meat". 8) ;D

Are we sending tea to America?
Is that wise? :me:
Look what happened last time :eek: :eek:

;D ;D ;D

SO if anyone in the states wants Yorkshire tea, PM me and I can send it to you. World Market or TJ Maxx here usually has it and I am happy to spread the love and tea!!!! :D

SO if anyone in the states wants Yorkshire tea, PM me and I can send it to you. World Market or TJ Maxx here usually has it and I am happy to spread the love and tea!!!! :D
Thanks neighbor. I am heading to TJ Maxx next. There is one down the street. I never thought of them. :)

Back