WRH 132J in 2020

Greets and Welcome, Graham! Nice post of Edie, good to see she is still around and in sporty condition.

It's nice to know that "Edie" is still in good health. Do you ever take her out and show her off in public, perhaps at car shows?? Does anyone recognise her?? (Before the pandemic obviously)

Hi, thanks for all the Likes. I missed it 3yrs ago when it came up for sale but managed to track it down in Oxfordshire. After much negotiation I acquired it 18 months ago and have been working on it during the lockdown. Hopefully it will get to shows next year.

Hi Graham, welcome to the forum, that has to be one of the coolest pictures I've ever seen on this site! Do you ever curse Wesley when you crunch the gears?

Hi Barrychuckle, thanks. It's been fitted with an overdrive box at some point but i was given the original crunched one with the car. It's still a bone shaker tho & 40mph feels like 75! I will try to post more photos but site says too large to upload.

Hi Barrychuckle, thanks. It's been fitted with an overdrive box at some point but i was given the original crunched one with the car. It's still a bone shaker tho & 40mph feels like 75! I will try to post more photos but site says too large to upload.
I think you may be able to upload if you reduce the resolution of the picture, someone more technical here like @cornishman may be able to explain.
On the subject of the car, was that the only Triumph used as I do recall a different number plate in some of the episodes?

Hi Barrychuckle, I believe there were 4 cars used as far as I can detect including an earlier 1200 model but using the same number plate. Mine however was the original car & was used until it got too rough! Best seen in 'Edie & the automobile' and the hilariously episode when it was sprayed with manure behind a tractor!

Hello Graham welcome to the forum so glad that one of the iconic cars from our beloved show is still receiving some obvious TLC . I like the photo not only because of the car but also that the hood is up . In the show I don't think they ever had the hood up which when you consider the way the weather can change in the UK and in the Yorkshire Dales is a major achievement . I imagine on a few occasions the interior must have got a soaking . It must be great to own something not only from the show but to know that iconic actresses like Dame Thora Hird have sat in that car . Thank you so much for posting the photograph .

Thanks Captain, the attached pic is the only time I've seen the hood up on tv, covered in farm manure, Edie was not pleased! I'm glad to say the smell has since gone.

Attachments

• 20201217_114756.jpg
    20201217_114756.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 25
Hi, thanks for all the Likes. I missed it 3yrs ago when it came up for sale but managed to track it down in Oxfordshire. After much negotiation I acquired it 18 months ago and have been working on it during the lockdown. Hopefully it will get to shows next year.

I'm glad you are hoping to get to shows next year Graham. I think it's only right to show Edie off and let other Summer Wine fans have just as much enjoyment out of her as you have. You never know what reactions you will get, good or bad.

Yes it'll go to shows & back to hinchliffe when we can book a cottage again. The car is what it is, it's had a hard life. I have a couple of other classics but the history of this one makes it my favourite so the others will get moved on even though they are better cars.

Yes it'll go to shows & back to hinchliffe when we can book a cottage again. The car is what it is, it's had a hard life. I have a couple of other classics but the history of this one makes it my favourite so the others will get moved on even though they are better cars.
I have a friend who lives that way, he has a tractor and happy to tow you through some fields

Back