Would it be Better than Nothing

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I have wondered for some time if it would be a good idea to write to Roy Clarke and suggest he write another book putting the show to bed,as it is all fiction he might be able to include some of the characters that are no longer with us,what do you think,is it worth a shot as I feel it would sell well

I would definitely like to see such a book. I would like the book to continue immediately after series 31. It would have to include Hobbo, Alvin and Entwistle for continuity, but would have to centre closely on Clegg.

As it's only a book, Clegg can be in a lot.

Compo would need to be mentioned.

All the characters seen in series 31 could be in it.

And there would be no reason not to include Foggy, Blamire, Seymour, Truly, Nora and Toby - since their characters did not die in the show.

If Roy Clarke is not interested in writing a book...

...perhaps he could write a short story or even just a few lines for the forum.

That alone would be amazing.

What a great idea.

A finale - and there is no reason why Foggy and Mrs Foggy (aka postlady), Blamire and NAAFI lady as well as Seymour could all be there. Even an ageing retired librarian - perhaps his relationship with Auntie could be laid to rest once and for all.

I would certainly buy a copy.

It is the sort of book that would do well with a limited hard back print run for those who could afford the extra as well as the more standard paperback.

I would love to see what Roy would come up with. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

I will compose a letter over the next week and get it off to him,there may be several reasons why he could not do something,but lets hope they don't stand in the way

What a great idea.

A finale - and there is no reason why Foggy and Mrs Foggy (aka postlady), Blamire and NAAFI lady as well as Seymour could all be there. Even an ageing retired librarian - perhaps his relationship with Auntie could be laid to rest once and for all.

I would certainly buy a copy.

It is the sort of book that would do well with a limited hard back print run for those who could afford the extra as well as the more standard paperback.

I love this idea!!! I too would purchase a copy!!

Back