Who were the biggest name guest stars?

Sarkus

Dedicated Member
Watching from the U.S., most of the guest stars over the years are actors I don't recognize. Norman Wisdom was obviously a big deal, but I'm wondering who else was "big" news to see from the standpoint of other fans and why they would have been considered likely to draw people who otherwise didn't watch the show regularly.

I would say that John Cleese is arguably the biggest name and a person you wouldn`t expect to appear.

Kriss Akabusi was an odd choice and may well have encouraged people to watch for curiosity`s sake if nothing else.

Being from the US, I always thought George Chakiris was kind of a "big deal" since he won the Oscar and a Golden Globe Award for best supporting actor in West Side Story. He also had roles in "Dallas" and "Medical Center" TV shows. I never quite understood how he got a role in LOTSW though.

I think the biggest name guest stars were Norman Wisdom and John Cleese.

Interestingly enough, Norman probably the longest screen time, and John the shortest screen time.

I think George Chalkris from Extra Extra was a very special guest, though I'm not familar with his work.

Back