who was fiercer,Nora or Ivy?

I would be inclined to say Ivy as Nora showed her softer side more often towards Compo and Wally.She worried about him(Wally) and went looking for him if he was missing for too long,let him keep a Whippet and similar things like that.Ivy was still a very likeable character and the comments about Noras hat and so on were very funny.
Pearl came across(at least to me) as more vindictive,sarcastic and derogatory but i tend to believe that she was more driven this way by the shennanigans and carryon of Howard.
Although Thora Hird was a great actress,i never ever warmed to the character of Edie.
I think one of the toughest battleaxes may be one that we didnt actually see much of(in the context of the whole show)and that dubious accolade ;D would possibly go to Sybil(Getting Sam Home).That woman was as cold as stone, as hard as nails and could put on a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp.Her full CV is available to those who watch the programme ;) ;D

Hector
Smiler's wife reminded me of Sybil

I vote for Ivy. Not only did she not back down to Sid or any other man, but she picked at Nora about her hats,, and even got nasty with Nora when she said Sid reared up at her. The only person I ever seen her run from was Compo.

Back