Who Wants to be a Millionaire

D

DJWCFC

I was wondering what do people think of this show now its finished in the UK, I think it was good at its peak but like everything it just tips over its peak, it also has a personal meaning this show, my dad was a contestant on the show in 2000 and actually made it into the chair, so that's why it has a personal meaning to me

It had a really good run in the US. I personally think what led to its downfall is that they started doing celebrity episodes. The questions got easier, there were other celelbrities in the crowded loudly whispering answers in the crowd, and the focus became more on the loud personalities themselves than the actual show.

For me, part of the appeal of the old Who Wants to be a Millionaire and Price is Right is that contestants are everyday people.

Then again, the US version of the show may have just naturally tipped over its peak as well.

What I will always remember about it is that I read some thing written by a man saying " It's a good game show but a woman will never win it" ;D ;D

Anyone remember the first person to win it? :me: :me:

;D ;D You know darn well that Judith Keppel (yes a woman :me:) won the first U K million ;) ;)

;D ;D You know darn well that Judith Keppel (yes a woman :me:) won the first U K million ;) ;)

Yes, but when it comes to the cream of quiz experts, The Eggheads, of which she is one, she is by far the most inferior and a total balloon.

Yes, but when it comes to the cream of quiz experts, The Eggheads, of which she is one, she is by far the most inferior and a total balloon.
I heartily concur Unc ! >:(

You boys can say what you like it doesn't change the fact that SHE is WOMAN :p :p :p :p :p :p :p and :p :p

I am reminded of last Saturday (and this just goes to demonstrate what a warped mind I have). I was at Murrayfield for the Calcutta Cup Scotland v England match. With England very much on top, their supporters opened up 'Swing Low, Sweet Chariot'. All the Scotland supporters did in retaliation was boo. Had the match been in Dublin, the Irish supporters would have quickly opened up with 'The Fields of Athenry'. In Cardiff the Welsh would come in with 'Bread of Heaven' or 'Sospan Fach'. In Paris it would have been 'La Marseillaise'. Not sure about Rome because we all know the Italians cannot sing. But all the Scots could do was boo.

So, young Susan, your booing just did not impress. Now had you retaliated with reference to Daphne Fowler I would have been forced to go homeward and think again.

I wasn't booing I was sticking my tongue out.
Are you sure Italians can't sing?
And you can't tell me a good Scotsman can't sing! I've heard them in the pub of an evening, I suggest you get more beer down the supporters before the match starts. ;)

And the fact still remains a woman won ;D ;D ;D So you can't bamboozle or sweet talk your way out of that. ;D ;D

So sorry Darren, your perfectly good tread has been hijacked by Dick and Big Unc I shall chastise then both. ::)
Back on topic guys!! :-X

So Darren how did your dad do in the chair? Was he nervous? I would be, and how well did he do?

he got to the £8,000 question but didn't know the answer, the audience was wrong with there guess of the answer and the phone a friend didn't know it either so he didn't take a risk of guessing it and losing £3,000 so went away with £4,000 which is better than nothing, the question was what is a besom used for in a garden, he was absolutely bricking it, in fact when he went from the chair at the side before walking to the main chair his shirt was ringing wet at the back so he changed it during the break they have before going into the chair for the questions, but he did say he enjoyed the experience of it all, his episode is on youtube as well

So sorry Darren, your perfectly good tread has been hijacked by Dick and Big Unc I shall chastise then both. ::)
Back on topic guys!! :-X

I am posting about 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' which I thought was the topic. But one has to understand, I do like to treat a topic broadly, give all aspects due consideration, leave no facet unturned, cover all bases, be totally comprehensive.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) So there.

Yes , your dad did the right thing. I would be so nervous I probably would freeze and mess up the first question! It takes some nerve to go on the show Very cool. It was a great show in the beginning here in the US, with Regis Filbin as the host. Then it sort of lost it popularity after about 6 years or so.

Back