Who can you see?

No one appears to have recognized anybody in the group. I can see one of one and two of one and maybe a third. Look closer.:oops::oops::oops:

I think Compo is sitting on the wall to the right side of the picture but that all ................. and I have just been to Specsavers ;)
Yes, that looks like Compo Captain. In the centre with his left foot up on the wall, is that Foggy? Over to the left, the man stood there with his right foot on the wall, does that look like Foggy's stand-in? The man sat at the side of Compo, could that be Clegg?
Send the picture to Specsavers, Maybe they can help us. :21:

Oh yes, now I can see Compo when it's been pointed out to me, but still not sure about the others. Is that in front of the very end house in Hill Street, the one beyond Hobbo's? I always wondered why there was a sign on the wall at that end of the street saying "Moss Rise" as I could not find any such street in Jackson Bridge on an internet search, was that a fake street sign used during filming?

JB, Moss Rise is a back lane and that what you see in the episodes is the official street name. Google maps do not have Cleggs street on their maps.

To clarify the houses for Cleggy and Hobbo are on Hill Street Jackson Bridge which is on Google Maps if you search on that. Sadly there is no street view as its a private road. The closest you can get is to go to the entrance to the street by dropping the "wee man" on the junction at Scholes Road

cleggys2.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you Peri - and Captain - (and apologies to "Moss Rise" :)) I am always grateful to find out details like that really being the name of the wee lane at the far end of Hill Street.

Last edited:
Yes, that looks like Compo Captain. In the centre with his left foot up on the wall, is that Foggy? Over to the left, the man stood there with his right foot on the wall, does that look like Foggy's stand-in? The man sat at the side of Compo, could that be Clegg?
Send the picture to Specsavers, Maybe they can help us. :21:
Ask Jack Leach, Specsavers have given him glasses for life!!!

Back