Who Are You Similar To In Last Of The Summer Wine?

I have a lot of Clegg-like tendencies. I like to philosophize a bit. In my 20's, I was part of a trio of friends. I was definitely the Clegg of the group.

I also see myself as Billy, aspiring for great heroism and adventure.

Two independent people have mentioned the " Don't I know you from somewhere?" swiftly followed by "I know Russ Abbot" I don't see but clearly some people do . Trouble was when they said it all I could think of was the ""£$$% song Atmosphere and i had it in my head for days .
You're right an awful song CC and sadly I can't unread your thread, so I'm now singing it in my head :p :p :p

I have the vision of Eli, driving skills of Edie & the fashion sense of Compo. That's what I put in my lonely hearts ad anyway, strangely I've not had any replies as yet......
That made me (no play on words) chuckle. I'd be most like Foggy, fairly tall, organized, always been captain of every sports team I was ever on, etc. I just haven't jumped out of a plane, so I could say, did you see it, did you see that paratroopers roll?

"Well wer'e at the dancin' party....and your out there havin' fun.....and your girl is there beside you....and you feel like number one...so get yer body moovin'....'cause tonight has just begun !!!!!!!".............BOB DYLAN EAT YOUR HEART OUT !!!!!.
X!

Just incase anyone is unfamiliar with those words of wisdom above they come from the very legendary song that The Captain and Barry are becoming obsessed with !!!!.......the super crooner Russ "Hobbo" Abbot !!!
x!

It took me a while to figure out why Nora and Wally seemed so familiar and then it hit me. They reminded me of my mother and father. Yes, my mother was tall and forthright, and my father was short and shall we say, sometimes yielded to my mother's wishes. Yep, Nora and Wally were very familiar.

It took me a while to figure out why Nora and Wally seemed so familiar and then it hit me. They reminded me of my mother and father. Yes, my mother was tall and forthright, and my father was short and shall we say, sometimes yielded to my mother's wishes. Yep, Nora and Wally were very familiar.
My grandmother on my Dad's side was a softer version of Nora. My grandmother on my Mom's side was very much like Roz. Those Summer Wine ladies were very real.

My grandmother on my Dad's side was a softer version of Nora. My grandmother on my Mom's side was very much like Roz. Those Summer Wine ladies were very real.
I concur :36:

Back