Which LOTSW star would you most like to have a coffee/dinner with

BruceC

Dedicated Member
Just an interesting thought from another forum I'm on...

Which LOTSW actor, main actor or not would you like to have an afternoon coffee and chat with? or dinner and chat with?

That's a really good question Bruce, I think for me it would be Dame Thora Hird. She is one of the best actresses this country has ever produced (although I don't think her role as Edie was her best) she acted with Laurence Olivier and had Bafta awards for some of her finest acting. And as it's an afternoon coffee she could of course tell me to 'drink your coffee!'

Anyone wish to guess who Dick would like to meet? For me it would be quite a risky choice , well for my wallet , Jean Alexander because like Dame Thora she is an accomplished actress but who also had humble beginnings living in Toxteth in Liverpool .

Anyone wish to guess who Dick would like to meet? For me it would be quite a risky choice , well for my wallet , Jean Alexander because like Dame Thora she is an accomplished actress but who also had humble beginnings living in Toxteth in Liverpool .
She would have been my second choice, her scene when Stan died in Corrie as a master class in acting. I've met someone who used to know her and he says she was an absolutely charming and humble lady, unlike Dame Thora who on the odd occasion could get a bit 'showbizzy' from what I've read.

I consider myself as being very lucky to of been to dinner with some of the cast on a few occasions, the best must of been during filming for one of the episodes, at Lunchtime, we all sat on a old american school bus, we had Truly,Cleggy and Entwistle at my table, what a laugh with Smiler and Auntie at a table beside me, happy days

She would have been my second choice, her scene when Stan died in Corrie as a master class in acting. I've met someone who used to know her and he says she was an absolutely charming and humble lady, unlike Dame Thora who on the odd occasion could get a bit 'showbizzy' from what I've read.

I've read that Thora Hird tended to dominate conversations. In terms of characters I'd probably like to have a chat with Clegg as he had depth, but as the real person then maybe Jane Freeman or Kathy Staff.

Well, I would say Howard, as I could get some tips on how to escape a marriage for a while. I'm not married myself, but I do still live with my parents. Even though I love them, we do need time apart sometimes. Howard's advice may help me to escape from them every so often.

I think we are talking more about the actor, rather than the character, although both aspects make very good reading.:)

I think we are talking more about the actor, rather than the character, although both aspects make very good reading.:)

Yea I was thinking the character myself... actors are actors, but the characters are ... different :)

Either or both and maybe why that person/character.... and like Imitation said - why they would!!

No one has mentioned him but I will Danny O'Dea and even more so after reading his Bio on IMDB because on face value you would have to say he was a support actor but when you read this he was far more than that :-

Back