When did we First

That was a tough one Pearl.

There are similarities and differences in our two cultures. Sometimes are definitions are different, and our spelling of words are different.

This is my opinion, some Americans may agree. English language sounds more sophisticated because of the accent. Yet, sometimes in your shows there are words and scenes would be far too "racy", or raunchy for American mainstream TV. I take it that Summer wine was shown on NON cable television.

In what 2 episodes of summer wine has something in it that you would never see on our three main stations, ABC, CBS, NBC,during the prime times hours? What was it and what were the episodes?

That sounds like the nude pictures shown in Short Back and Palais Glide and Jaws.

That was a tough one Pearl.

There are similarities and differences in our two cultures. Sometimes are definitions are different, and our spelling of words are different.

This is my opinion, some Americans may agree. English language sounds more sophisticated because of the accent. Yet, sometimes in your shows there are words and scenes would be far too "racy", or raunchy for American mainstream TV. I take it that Summer wine was shown on NON cable television.

In what 2 episodes of summer wine has something in it that you would never see on our three main stations, ABC, CBS, NBC,during the prime times hours? What was it and what were the episodes?

Our system works differently, all our channels will show racy scenes but after the watershed. ie 9 o'clock.

Ok, here's my question.
When did we first see Edie use her English Garden Pattern china at her coffee morning - which episode was it in?

Last edited:
Return of the Warrior?
That's the one, Elmc. Before that episode she used a couple different sets of white china with silver borders. From Return of the Warrior on, she always used the English Garden china.
Your turn to ask a question.

Thank you very much. Now I feel like part of the gang. When did we first see Howard washing windows? I should say . . in which episode?

Last edited:
That's the one, Elmc. Before that episode she used a couple different sets of white china with silver borders. From Return of the Warrior on, she always used the English Garden china.

I've always assumed that the China used, was same as some my late wife was collecting. "Old Country Roses" by Royal Albert. Do they call it English Garden in your neck of the woods me2??

I've always assumed that the China used, was same as some my late wife was collecting. "Old Country Roses" by Royal Albert. Do they call it English Garden in your neck of the woods me2??

I always thought that too until my daughter-in-law corrected me. It's actually Elizabethan Staffordshire in the English Garden Pattern. The patterns are so very similar it's hard to tell them apart. I'll see if I can put pictures in here. - No I don't know how to put a picture in here. It won't just let me copy and paste. The yellow rose is in the center on Edie's china and on the side in the "Old Country Roses." Personally, I like the Old Country Roses pattern much better.

And that's where you easily notice that pearl is left-handed, because a right-handed person sees an additional flower grouping inside on the opposite side of her cup when sipping. When Pearl holds hers WE see it.

Thank you very much. Now I feel like part of the gang. When did we first see Howard washing windows? I should say . . in which episode?
Roy Clarke introduced Howard washing the first of many windows in "Catching Digby's Donkey."

When did we first see Howard and Marina out with their famous bicycles - hers was the blue and his the red with a tendency to squeak. (It wasn't squeaking in the episode however.)

Last edited:
Back