When did the trend change

Speaking of tea and crockery, I have a question about Compo's tea drinking habit. Has anyone ever seen anyone drinking tea out of a saucer? I never have, its a very strange thing to do, maybe it's just a Yorkshire thing.
No but Hyacinth always made Elizabeth drink out of a beaker!!!!

Coffee shops pop up faster than the speed of light around here.... next to all the ladies clothing stores, that nobody ever goes into with some poor desparate sod standing at the back with a look on their face of sheer desperation with eyes saying 'please just ask me the time or anything'...

Speaking of tea and crockery, I have a question about Compo's tea drinking habit. Has anyone ever seen anyone drinking tea out of a saucer? I never have, its a very strange thing to do, maybe it's just a Yorkshire thing.
I've seen people do that in fact, I have done it myself. The trend these days is mugs instead of cups and the use of saucers doesn't seem to be as popular. How many of you use saucers? :rolleyes:

I have witnessed it any number of times in days gone by not so common now . As a young'un I sometimes used to go into what are commonly known as Greasy Spoon Cafes which were dotted all over Newcastle. I fondly recall one in the Haymarket area of the City where you could get a real greasy breakfast to soak up up last night's ale and there would always be older men , and ladies, who would do exactly that .

Back