Whats the best series of LOTSW?

Mark86

I think my favourite series is series 17 from 1994/95. It has so many classic episodes such as The Glory Hole, Stoneworm, Once in a moonlight junkyard, and my favourite episode "The Dewhirsts of Ogleby Hall". Brilliant. I can watch it time and time again

I think my favourite series is series 17 from 1994/95. It has so many classic episodes such as The Glory Hole, Stoneworm, Once in a moonlight junkyard, and my favourite episode "The Dewhirsts of Ogleby Hall". Brilliant. I can watch it time and time again

Some excellent episodes in that series

The dvd I go back to the most is series 5 and 6. Cannot decide which episodes are the best though. It’s like full steam behind and earnshaw strikes again versus in the service of humanity and the odd dog men. Honestly I think writing and acting combines perfectly in these series. Closely followed by Seymour series though because his claptrap inventions crack me up

I am still inclined to go with the Seymour era, it often looks as if he is enjoying himself and would sometimes stand up to the ladies

The Seymour series were very good! I did prefer the episodes with foggy. The late 70s and early 80s were a classic run of series. I read that the actors got on better with Seymour and he was a lovely man. He had to quit to care for his ill wife. Foggy couldn't wait to return and the series went from strength to strength, with so many funny characters. Although probably my favourite character apart from compo was wally. He was so funny and he didn't know it, poor old wally he couldn't get a break from Nora!

I'm going with Blamire and Foggys first outings. .. Just my opinion but it takes me back to when i first saw it. Although I think they could have made more around Russ Abbot later on.

Back