What shop

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Can anyone recall what episode the Pizza shop with the red door was seen in, and what type of shop it was back then
PS.jpg

Although I have never been successful in guessing the answers I really appreciate Terry posting the quiz questions . It also got me thinking and yes I admit it is a tad ambitious but with time on my hands I got to thinking how could we turn certain aspects or Terry's questions and indeed his fine map into an what would have to be an unofficial trail . I have this Barmpot[ how appropriate] idea of plagiarising the Blue Plaque Society and having a Summerwinos Society where, at appropriate locations where there were suitable repositories, we could have Summerwinos plaques manufactured and attached to those key locations and turn it into a sort of unofficial trail.

I have absolutely no idea about the mechanics, ethics, law about attaching such identifying plaques do you need permission and where would you get it [private dwellings I suppose would be the house owners] bus shelters [the bus company or highways] . I have no idea who you would get to make the plaques and what they'd charge . I have long been angry with the local councils in the Holmfirth area who feel they owe nothing to LOTSW for the tourism it brought the area and have basically adopted the ostrich strategy.

I watched a show the other day, which also added to my inspiration , about Ben Wilson the chewing gum man . He has created his own landmarks [and people commission him to create memorials] by painting discarded chewing gum on London streets and pavements . He has developed a technique which allows him to create something artistic out of something which blights London pavements and bridges and there is now a trail from one of the London Bridges to the Tate Modern . He has also created small painted tiles and has secreted them in many locations including Galleries and the Underground and they offer people a chance to discuss them but also to try and find them all in a sort of Treasure hunt.

Does anyone have any thoughts or have I finally flipped . Please be assured that I have not had my Covid jab and this is not a rather quirky side effect of the vaccine. :)

Back