What Do we think

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Watching Go With The Flow and around 5 mins the trio are walking down a track,for a few seconds we see Compo walking the wall,but the way he is hiding his face it looks like a double doing this for him, I know they often use doubles for the risky jobs,but it's the first time I have noticed it in this scene

I've never seen film shoots for real so I dont know much about how they work but I have seen Compo, and Billy as well I think and they are obviously walking on a narrow platform behind the wall. There is one wall, maybe the school where the stones on the wall come up to a point and it would be nigh impossible for anyone to walk on. Maybe in the scene you talk about there was no rig behind the wall and a double was used in that case ???
fyFbt7j.png

Last edited:
I know the scene you're talking about, I've noticed it many time, the way his arm shields his face is a dead give away. It definitely looks like a double to me, I always look at the hands.

Yes, Pearl, the hands are the sure give away. Was it Rheumatoid Arthritis? Does anyone know? There are so many instances of a stand-in. When he is training and Wesley is turning the rope, Pole Star, Who Made a Big Splash in Wales ( the opening scene ) and many more.

I know the scene you're talking about, I've noticed it many time, the way his arm shields his face is a dead give away. It definitely looks like a double to me, I always look at the hands.
I've noticed it a few times when he was supposed to fall off the wall into the river (the arm coming up to shield the face). I think it happened with Alvin also. Course I could be lying :16:.

Funnily enough I happened to look at this scene just the other day and im convinced its a double.As others have mentioned the double is usually seen looking downwards and hiding his face as much as possible.I believe he also wears his hat pulled down much lower than compos.

I think a good episode that clearly shows the use of a double is "Wheelies".When we see Compo in close up on the go-Kart track he is basically sitting upright and shouting.When we see a long shot the double is seen hiding his face behind his outstretched arms and again,his hat is pulled well down to hide as much of his face as possible.
There are lots of episodes where a double is obviously used from things that seem very simple and straightforward to boarding a moving steam engine,etc,etc.

Hector

Back