What Connects

Well this has you all stumped, I will leave some clue's later, I was surprised when I spotted this as I also noticed a link to Top of the Pops

I think I'm wrong but Russ Abbot had a single in the top 100 on 20/2/82 A day in the life of Vince Price whilst ABBA also had Head over Heels in the top 100 on that date . Why I think I am wrong is that ABBA were at 25 and could have been on Top of the Pops , Russ was at 75 so unlikely he appeared . It would have been better when he released Atmosphere which reached 7 in 1984 but by then ABBA had released their last single the previous year.

NB

A few years back two independent people gave me the "You remind me of someone" followed by " yes its Russ Abbot" whilst I'm 6 ft 3 I really don't . Unfortunately my friends heard and at every instance possible with these Digital Jukeboxes in pubs now they would play Atmosphere. As you hopefully appreciate I absolutely loathe that song.

Last edited:
I think I'm wrong but Russ Abbot had a single in the top 100 on 20/2/82 A day in the life of Vince Price whilst ABBA also had Head over Heels in the top 100 on that date . Why I think I am wrong is that ABBA were at 25 and could have been on Top of the Pops , Russ was at 75 so unlikely he appeared . It would have been better when he released Atmosphere which reached 7 in 1984 but by then ABBA had released their last single the previous year.

Brilliant idea Captain, but sadly not the correct answer

Ronnie Hazlehurst? I'm not sure about his connection to ABBA. Was he involved with Eurovision the year ABBA won? I think it was held in the UK that year.

Ronnie was the musical director at Eurovision for the occassions when it was hotsed in the UK: 1974 in Brighton, 1977 in London and 1992 in Harrogate. He also conducted 8 songs over the years between 1977 and 1982.

And the conductor is...| ... a website dedicated to all conductors of the Eurovision Song Contest

Back