Wharmby/Pegden??

cciaffone

Dedicated Member
Just watched Car and Garter which is ALLEGEDLY the
first Gordon Wharmby (as Wesley Pegden).

But I am almost (!!) sure that there was a Gordon Wharmby
not being Wesley Pegden before this episode. But we have
watched them all from the beginning and I ain't seen it yet.

So ... ??

Alan Bell did a quiz for the Appreciation Society some years ago. One of the questions is 'which episode did Gordon Wharmby appear in before he was Wesley?' The answer was in 'Forked Lightning'. It was where Clegg was trying to get his bike onto the bus, the bus moved on and we saw some of the passengers. Gordon was one of these.

It was on the other day, wasn't it? I remember thinking 'Thats him, thats Gordon Wharmby'! Towards the front of the bus, smilimg.

I wonder why there was such a long gap between Gordon's appearance in "Forked Lightning" and his introduction as a permanent character in "Car And Garter"? Was the "Forked Lightning" appearance simply done on a whim with no real interest on his part at the time to be a serious actor? Maybe it took that long for him to rekindle his interest in acting. If anyone can clarify, it would be most appreciated.

I wonder why there was such a long gap between Gordon's appearance in "Forked Lightning" and his introduction as a permanent character in "Car And Garter"? Was the "Forked Lightning" appearance simply done on a whim with no real interest on his part at the time to be a serious actor? Maybe it took that long for him to rekindle his interest in acting. If anyone can clarify, it would be most appreciated.

According to this documentary I have watched a few times on DVD - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwtauFAWpIU It seems that Gordon applied for a small part in LOTSW and got it, up on completion he was asked to audition for the larger part of Wesley, which he ended up getting and the rest is history. The whole documentary is on there I think but it is split into sections.

Take a look.

Back