Wesley's music?

Roz

I was looking at a Aldridge era episode the other day, and Wesely drives up and it got me thinking: That MUSIC, the sort he blasts from his radio - was it made for the show, or possibly have been actual music they got somewhere else? Anyone know?
It's odd and terribly funny of course, because (in my opinion,) it just didn't fit him or anything. I know it was a gag some of the time, and maybe it was him having whatever he wanted when Edie was far away. ;)

With my somewhat knowledge of rock music, it certainly isn't anything I heard eleswhere.

The music fit him in the earlier years, but I don't believe it would have fit him in the later years.

I assumed the music repeatedly used, for example in Who's Looking After Cafe and Set People Free, was a piece composed by Ronnie Hazlehurst to represent rock music, without using actual rock music - which may have been distracting to the audience.

If you see what I mean.

:-\

I assumed the music repeatedly used, for example in Who's Looking After Cafe and Set People Free, was a piece composed by Ronnie Hazlehurst to represent rock music, without using actual rock music - which may have been distracting to the audience.

If you see what I mean.

I do and also if specially composed would avoid copyright on commercial tracks.

If you see what I mean.

I do and also if specially composed would avoid copyright on commercial tracks.

Good points all. I thought about that, the copyright thing, although they did manage do use some incredibly well known pieces and "Summer Wine'd" them, like a hint of "Dallas" and bits of Leroy Anderson, if I remember rightly. Of course, the legal world of music has always seemed a bit nutty to me. But you all make good arguments for the music being original. Makes more sense.

What ever it was, it was terrible. I sound like my Dad

If you see what I mean.

Whether it sounded pleasant or not, I believe it certainly worked for the part, playing in Wesley's truck.

I think He was a rock or perhaps heavy metal sort of guy, it certainly suits the mechanic side of Him I think.

Funny you should say that, I have always compared that sort of music with the sound of tools in a workshop or factory :D! I´m not suited for my generation music-wise, to me all this is just noise, unpleasant noise.

all good relevent comments....at the end of the day i think it was in house composed "noise" and it certainly juxtoposed with the quiet of the dales.... :)

Back