Wesley was a kind Soul

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Wesley always offered lifts,was happy to try and repair most things,always seemed to go out of his way to please people

thats very true, the only problem with wesley is he seemed a bit thick, granted he invented and did the jobs but not very often did they work, he was a good character as i say just seemed a bit thick, dunno if that was roy clarke or alan bell or gordon wharmby who made that decision

I loved Wesley, he was a smashing character and was wonderfully played by Gordon Wharmby. He was an asset to the show and a real loss. He made some wonderful episodes and I suspect worked well below minimum wage as a character!

He was very good, I liked him alot, he was funny and well trained by Edie :)

Plus, like Alvin and Billy, he had a smashing introductory episode. Car and Garter is one of my faves.

I love the way Edie always managed to get a sheet of newspaper on the wall/furniture/paintwork a split second before his oily hand rested there. Brilliant timing.

I do not think he was thick - just a one hobby person, things mechanical. The sort of cars he had were always going to be trouble. They belonged to the age of a service every 6000 miles and an oil change every 3000!

thats very true, the only problem with wesley is he seemed a bit thick, granted he invented and did the jobs but not very often did they work, he was a good character as i say just seemed a bit thick, dunno if that was roy clarke or alan bell or gordon wharmby who made that decision

Wesley seemed a bit thick as you say. But all the stuff he invented reminds me a bit of Seymour and the stuff he invented and never worked..

The way he ran out of his shed when Barry bought his new car over to be tuned.He had some of the best lines,I have always laughed at his chef hat burning in Beware of the hot dog.

Wesley was one of the best characters in the show he added a different aspect to every episode,liked his activities in the shed very sad when he passed away.

I've always laughed at him ""Bringing to the weary traveller ,all the benefits of cholestreol!" ;D

Wesley was a good friend to have, he was always there for the lads when they needed a favour.

On another thread I am writing abut how much I enjoy the Seymour era. I think it has a lot to do with Wesley. I like him in his later years, but currently enjoying his earlier years, driving around and blaring his music.

I tend to like the latter half of Summer Wine the most. It is due to the addition of great characters such as Wesley who added so much to the show. I am really enjoying Series 9. I know Wesley was in Series 8 but he only made a few appearances then. Also, Series 9 is great because I get a lot of Wesley and Wally is still around.

He looked really sharp and much different when he had to take off his cap and put on a suit.

He was a very likable character.I think the fact that he was another henpecked husband ,us males would always have sympathy for him! I wouldn`t really regard him as being thick,he very often had a quick witted reply when talking with the Trio.

I liked Wesley he always added a special feel to the show with his cars and general maintainence work.He certainly was not thick ,even if Edie did get him his pay rises !I have a model of his shed on my model railway lout complete with Edie and the ladies arriving to shout at him.A sad way for Gordon to die as he had a great future in front of him as an actor and painter decorator!

Back