Well look what I’ve found!

We’ve not been to Llandudno for a few years. We used to stay there regularly when the kids were younger. We had a few apartments down Church Walks and also stayed at the Brig Y Don on the front, opposite the band stand. My local was the Queen Vic and the bar at the end of the pier.
Looks like you had some good weather.

We’ve not been to Llandudno for a few years. We used to stay there regularly when the kids were younger. We had a few apartments down Church Walks and also stayed at the Brig Y Don on the front, opposite the band stand. My local was the Queen Vic and the bar at the end of the pier.
Looks like you had some good weather.
Saturday a wash out, Sunday lovely, the great British weather!
I’d certainly recommend a return visit it’s a great place to come for a few nights. We stayed right opposite the Queen Victoria near the tram stop for the Orme

Is there anything in Llandudno to remember our Wesley? I believe he lived & died there.
I’ve just had to Google that one! Said he died in Abergele which is just a bit further down the cost from Llandudno. Certainly nothing there to indicate he lived there, but I suspect he’d have been a regular visitor. I can see why he ended living there a lovely part of Wales

Thanks Barry, l need to recalibrate my compass but as the earth's axis has moved a couple of degrees I'll use that as my excuse:08:

What would the average beer ABV be in the UK Barry?
You ask a really topical question there Bora!
I'm not an complete expert in this area, so I'll stand to be corrected by other members. But until recently a standard lager (which I think you call beer over there) would be around 4% and a strong lager, ie Stella, Peroni would be 5%. Beer varies significantly, craft beers are really popular in the UK presently and a lot of microbreweries are popping up everywhere, they can be anything from mid 3% to 7% or 8% with masses of choice. Cider is usually stronger 5% with some of the craft ciders going up to 9% or 10%!

The government has changed the taxation of alcohol in the past week so the stronger the ABV the more tax you pay. This is an attempt to encourage more healthy drinking. Also this rule doesn't apply to pubs as they are closing down at a rate of knotts and my have really struggled since Covid but it applies to all shops. But because of this many of the well known beers have reduced their ABV for example Stella was 5.2% it's now 4.6%

If you ever do get to come over here, you really have to sample a real ale pub, they have an amazing selection and will allow you to sample before you choose which one you want!

Sounds very similar to here. One of my regular lagers is Killian's Irish Red and that has an ABV of 5.4 and I'm assuming Stella, is Stella Artois? Thanks for the information Barry, most helpful as usual. I do hope to visit one day and I look forward to the pubs..

Back