Website Donations

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
There has been some cost involved moving the whole site to a UK server, this was done to improve on the often long delays when accessing the site and page loading,the hosting company seemed unable to resolve the problems and after several weeks of poor performance the decision was made to move a few months earlier than ideal,as the hosting was paid for until the end of January 2014,but I did not want members and visitors put off using the site due to performance issues.

To my horror I discovered the hosting company did no internal backups of websites they hosted,I was doing backups on a regular basis,but they could be 10-14 days old,which would of been unacceptable should the servers crashed, for this reason we also have a mirror site at www.summerwine.info which should be within 24-48 hours up to date,plus we are looking at trying to make this a automatic process if funds and technology allow.

The mirror site is only to be used for postings etc if the main site should fail as the database's are only moved in one direction,if the main site should fail the idea is you will after a short time be automatically directed to the mirror site,then once the main site is restored and databases updated things will revert to normal

The website (not forum) is 11 years old tomorrow 28.08.13 and I would from now and future anniversary's of the site be asking for donations to the running cost,it is not compulsory and I know folk have had to tighten their belts in the current financial climate,so only if you can afford to donate a few bob it will really help and I thank you all in advance, to make at Donation please use the Paypal link at the bottom of the main website page www.summerwine.net

Terry

Just to be awkward, not keen on Paypal, have dug out file on PC for envelope addressed to you. That is, if you still live in TORKSEY. I see the file is dated January 2012. I will stick old-fashioned cheque in the post.

Just to be awkward, not keen on Paypal, have dug out file on PC for envelope addressed to you. That is, if you still live in TORKSEY. I see the file is dated January 2012. I will stick old-fashioned cheque in the post.

Thanks Unc,we are still in Torksey, Terry

Thanks to those who have donated to the running of the site,it all helps and so far your kindness has covered around 20% of the set up and running cost

Due to all your kindness with donations you have now covered 40% of the sites running cost,you really are wonderful folk

Terry

Sorry, cannot resist this one. The cheque is in the post! Trust me. I am married to a Scot and am half Irish.

I have sent money by pay pal before Terry but can not remember how I did it. I would like to donate to the latest cause. Help please.

Back