Web Hosting Renewal

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, in a few weeks the website hosting is due for renewal, the Forum will be 4 years old in February,some members have asked about making a donation to help with the running cost,so I would ask if any member can afford to make a small donation then this would be a good time, if you wish to make a donation then please visit the main webpage at www.summerwine.net and at the bottom of the page is a Paypal button,by clicking on this you can follow the instructions, if you do not have a Paypal account,you can still make a donation using a Debit or Credit card sing Paypal.

Thanks in advance for your support

Happy to help, its worthy it and again thank you Terry for all your hard work :)

Just sent my contribution for 2012 for the website and keep up the good work. We really do appreciate what your doing for us LOTSW fans.

Have added my contribution, quick and simple and many many thanks to Terry for all he does for us.

Hi, in a few weeks the website hosting is due for renewal, the Forum will be 4 years old in February,some members have asked about making a donation to help with the running cost,so I would ask if any member can afford to make a small donation then this would be a good time, if you wish to make a donation then please visit the main webpage at www,summerwine.net and at the bottom of the page is a Paypal button,by clicking on this you can follow the instructions, if you do not have a Paypal account,you can still make a donation using a Debit or Credit card sing Paypal.

Minor point/error in the above which might have puzzled some and put them off. The link specified has a comma where there should be a full stop and therefore does not work. Should read www.summerwine.net (and not www,summerwine.net).

Hi, in a few weeks the website hosting is due for renewal, the Forum will be 4 years old in February,some members have asked about making a donation to help with the running cost,so I would ask if any member can afford to make a small donation then this would be a good time, if you wish to make a donation then please visit the main webpage at www,summerwine.net and at the bottom of the page is a Paypal button,by clicking on this you can follow the instructions, if you do not have a Paypal account,you can still make a donation using a Debit or Credit card sing Paypal.

Minor point/error in the above which might have puzzled some and put them off. The link specified has a comma where there should be a full stop and therefore does not work. Should read www.summerwine.net (and not www,summerwine.net).

Thanks for pointing that out Unc,maybe I should not of gone to Specsavers,should be OK now and a big thank you to those who have donated,you know who you are,it will be a great help,one thing you may of noticed in the last few months is Site Lock Secure was added to the hosting package which should keep the site clear of nasties,even some of the major websites have been hacked and infected code added to their webpages,so when you visit them you could end up with virus problems,running a good AV program should protect you and warn if you hit such a site,I have seen two cases where free AV has not done this and the user ended up having to re install Windows,One of the features of Site Lock is it will scan the data on the remote server and check no nasties have found their way in.The other item that has been added that you will not see,is automatic backup of the site and forum,so if the worst should happen I should be able to restore back to a safe point without loosing to much data.

I have also spent some time blocking known countries getting access to the site,this has cut down a lot of hacking attempts,but it does not stop it,as these folk go country hoping and attempt to get in via data centres in Countries like the USA, here I have to be careful that I do not block a genuine user or potential new member,I do see most days attempts to register as a new member, a lot from the USA and parts of Europe,the registration process does seem to work if they are not genuine fans as they do not know the answers to the questions and these questions I do rotate.

I also see login in attempts from people who are not members,which means they are trying to hack the site,hence my request to you all to use a good password,so far it seems to be working as there has only be one successful unwanted member in four years,that was in the first year.

As I'm a youngun, I can't make a donation, but hope to make one as soon as I get me own place and a secure bank account.

I´m in a bit of trouble right now, a lot actually, so I´ll donate the next time :-\. Thank you for understanding, Terry!

Hi Sheree, how sweet of you :)! No, thank you, that´s something I have to deal with on my own. But I appreciate your asking very much :).

Back