We are still going,with your help

Sounds like a plan! Count me in.

Wait a minute... that place is down south in Cornwall. Can't get any further from Holmfirth by land unless ya go north to the far reaches of Scotland! I'd have to pack me kilt if it were up there. Not sure you all would want to see my pale legs. :21:

Pearl is already on it, from January she will be taking your food orders, your drinks orders from end of July, if you need overnight accommodation then let her know by the end of March, if you also need flights booking, book them in January with Pearl, transport to and from airports need to be booked at the time you book the flights, the venue will be here https://www.pencubitt.com to make life easy for Tony
We have a place in Lincolnshire for stop overs, we'll all be meeting there and a bus will take us to Cornwall.

It would be great to have a mass get-together, but in our current climate of (anti)social-distancing it could cause a few problems.
Appreciate it may be wildly optimistic but if this is over by the 20th anniversary then perhaps something could be organised !

If in Cornwall we could have a Doc Martin side theme going on :42:. Always thought that a pretty location for the DM show.

It is a nice thought of a meet next year, Holmfirth would be a good place, I am sure Pearl will drive down and pick Tony up

I agree it is a nice thought and Holmfirth would be ideal. That way the veterans here could show around us newbs the area their favorite location spots.

It's a great idea if we every come through the pandemic. The On The Buses forum had a social event a few years ago and they even got a few of the remaining cast to make an appearance. I reckon we may even be able to persuade a few of the LOTSW to make an appearance, even if it is semi-stars of the cast like Terry & Peri :D

Looks like they're already planning their 2021 Weekender!

Have to say there's some great ideas on this site and clearly they have a very active fan base, I love the idea of hiring a coach and having a tour of the filming locations!

I had organised to provide some food for our meeting but it is with great sadness that I have to announce that Trevor the Turkey has sadly prematurely passed away and therefore I will need to look to alternatives . He had a nice life scratching around the field so rather than him go to waste I have decided it best that we proceed and have a lunch in his honour .

I am sure you would wish to share in his passing sadly, because of Covid regulations, you won't be able to join us in the feast only people in my bubble can enjoy the delights Trevor will provide but hey it will stop any arguments about who gets the leg and parson's nose .

I am sure some of you may find this in bad taste for which I apologise but with a bit of lemon and stuffing I'm sure he'll taste great :fp::oops::30::eek:

Last edited:
Back