Warning

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Spotted this warning message elsewhere

Just a warning. I work for a local Council, in the Council Tax Dept. Most people are aware of the £150 fuel rebate, that the government is giving people, to help with fuel costs. I've had a number of calls, at work, today, from people who have had a phone call from 'The Council', asking for bank details, so the payment can be put directly into the bank. THIS IS A SCAM TO GET YOUR BANK DETAILS! Never give any details to a 'cold caller'. Please take care not to fall for this, and warn any vulnerable people about these lowlife scumbags.

If I get the call I will do my usual and give them a fake number, pausing regularly between each number to thus waste even more of their time....

Spotted this warning message elsewhere

Just a warning. I work for a local Council, in the Council Tax Dept. Most people are aware of the £150 fuel rebate, that the government is giving people, to help with fuel costs. I've had a number of calls, at work, today, from people who have had a phone call from 'The Council', asking for bank details, so the payment can be put directly into the bank. THIS IS A SCAM TO GET YOUR BANK DETAILS! Never give any details to a 'cold caller'. Please take care not to fall for this, and warn any vulnerable people about these lowlife scumbags.
Oh, so now you're trying to stop my only source of income...........:41:

Back