Wally Photo

Stephen

Don't think I have posted this before, but, If I have, then forgive me as my memory gets worse every day. It's a publicity photo of Joe Gladwin as Wally from the episode 'Set the People Free'. I bought it on eBay a while back and only just found it again this morning.

Interesting thing is is that it seems to be one that was originally in the BBC publicity files as it has a large, rather interesting, peice of descriptive text on the back. I leave it here for all Summerwiners to take a look. Unless, of course, they have already done so before. :fp:

Attachments

• IMG_20220425_091659_744~2.jpg
    IMG_20220425_091659_744~2.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20220425_091535_676~2.jpg
    IMG_20220425_091535_676~2.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 32
Don't think I have posted this before, but, If I have, then forgive me as my memory gets worse every day. It's a publicity photo of Joe Gladwin as Wally from the episode 'Set the People Free'. I bought it on eBay a while back and only just found it again this morning.

Interesting thing is is that it seems to be one that was originally in the BBC publicity files as it has a large, rather interesting, peice of descriptive text on the back. I leave it here for all Summerwiners to take a look. Unless, of course, they have already done so before. :fp:

Very Nice it make me wonder how much of this memorabilia is stored at the BBC and might never see the light of day

Very Nice it make me wonder how much of this memorabilia is stored at the BBC and might never see the light of day

I'm sure there is a stash of it somewhere, maltrab. Probably at several sites, in fact. Certainly with regards publicity photos that were original in the files, many can be found at places as simple as boot markets or antiques fairs. I have several Doctor Who ones as well.

I like this one in particular as, for some reason, they state the photo as showing Gordon Wharmby as Wesley, whilst previously stating it -- correctly -- as Joe Gladwin. I like those sort of things. One of my Doctor Who ones calls Peter Davision, 'Paul' Davison, at one point. Lol

You certainly have a cool collection of LOTSW memorabilia, I recall the pictures of the characters you posted adorning your bedroom wall!

I'm on the look out for a larger print as I think these days retro film/tv images are very much in fashion.

Yes an arty b&w picture, perhaps of Nora & Compo or the like. They ought to have sold the frames from the early films.

Yeah they should have done, Barry. I was amazed how hard it was to find photos from the series, particularly specific ones like Wally and Nora. I was just lucky enough to find some shop selling a load on eBay a while back. Even then I still had to take screenshots from DVDs to get Sid and Ivy together, and the various pub scenes that I wanted.

Yeah they should have done, Barry. I was amazed how hard it was to find photos from the series, particularly specific ones like Wally and Nora. I was just lucky enough to find some shop selling a load on eBay a while back. Even then I still had to take screenshots from DVDs to get Sid and Ivy together, and the various pub scenes that I wanted.

Have you tried getty images or shuttershock but i think they might be quite pricey on there though

Here's one of Sid & Ivy together that I've had for a while now.
Sid & Ivy.jpg

Oh wow! That's a really nice one. Where did you find that?

It came from the Summer Wine The finest Vintage book. Here's another on from the same book. This was during "A Bicycle made for Three" when they were redecorating the cafe. I'm not sure if it might be an actuall screen shot, or specifically posed?
Sid & Ivy.jpg

It came from the Summer Wine The finest Vintage book. Here's another on from the same book. This was during "A Bicycle made for Three" when they were redecorating the cafe. I'm not sure if it might be an actuall screen shot, or specifically posed?
View attachment 5033

I think it's a posed/publicity shot. There's normally always at least one person on a film set tasked with taking photos for various reasons. Nice shots, though. :)

STEPHEN !!!!!...it is SO GOOD to see you back amongst your "Summerwine family members" !!!!...I was gettin' worried about you !!!...and talking of Wally...In "The Mysterious Feet of Nora Batty" ...when Ivy says "AND I'M SURPRISED AT YOU...YOU A MARRIED MAN"...Wally replies "I WAS SURPRISED.....BUT 'AV YER EVER TRIED SAYIN' NO TO OUR NORA !!!!!!".......WHAT A BOMBSHELL !!!!!......NORA OBVIOUSLY ASKED WALLY TO MARRY HER !!!!!....ahhhhhh....and we just thought she was just a scary battle axe.......HOW WRONG WE ALL WERE......but the question remains......DID SHE GO DOWN ON ONE KNEE ???????.
X!

Back