Wallace

I don't know who it is but I've heard several Wallace voices that were not Peter Sallis.

On Google today theres a banner under the search box. Get the family together, sort of thing. Click that and theres a Wallace and Gromet thingy.
Yeah, Susan, I think I heard one other person doing it for the Buntathon short film.

We´ve got a Grimm´s fairytales jubilee Google doodle today. But yes, they have replaced Peter in most cases now, not because he can´t do it, but it would be too stressful. His voice is still exactly the same, it´s not that. Just that he doesn´t get any younger ;).

The guy who does the voice of Wallace is Ben Whitehead...

From Wikipedia:
Ben Whitehead is an English voice actor. He has been working on films with Aardman Animations since 2005. Along with voicing roles for characters, he is Aardman's read in artist and is the official back-up voice for Wallace.

In 2008, he took over the role of Wallace from Peter Sallis to become the official voice for Wallace in Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures, the four part episodic adventure game by Telltale Games. He later performed as Wallace in Wallace & Gromit's Musical Marvels, Prom 20 of the 2012 season of The BBC Proms.

Nowhere near the distinct voice of our very own Peter Sallis!

never noticed the voice, probably because last xmas i had no idea sw existed.

Back